Jun 11, 2013, 3:40 PM EDT
Jeremy Rutherford of the the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports the Blues are unhappy with the shape Vladimir Tarasenko is in and they want him to start putting in some work.
“We’ve given him a clear mandate on what we expect when he gets back here, what we’re going to see from him on a conditioning level, the grind that he’s going to have to do,” Blues general manager Doug Armstrong said recently.
Tarasenko dealt with a concussion this past season, one that knocked him out of action for about a month. When he returned, his play wasn’t the same scintillating style it was before his injury and he wound up being a healthy scratch late in the season and in the playoffs.
The Blues say Tarasenko is in an important spot for them, however, and cracking the whip on him to get in shape is part of that urgency. Now if he can just do a few sit-ups and lay off the St. Louis barbecue, they’d be happier.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54