Jun 11, 2013, 3:40 PM EDT
Jeremy Rutherford of the the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports the Blues are unhappy with the shape Vladimir Tarasenko is in and they want him to start putting in some work.
“We’ve given him a clear mandate on what we expect when he gets back here, what we’re going to see from him on a conditioning level, the grind that he’s going to have to do,” Blues general manager Doug Armstrong said recently.
Tarasenko dealt with a concussion this past season, one that knocked him out of action for about a month. When he returned, his play wasn’t the same scintillating style it was before his injury and he wound up being a healthy scratch late in the season and in the playoffs.
The Blues say Tarasenko is in an important spot for them, however, and cracking the whip on him to get in shape is part of that urgency. Now if he can just do a few sit-ups and lay off the St. Louis barbecue, they’d be happier.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 36
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63