Jun 11, 2013, 2:51 PM EDT
The fans, players, and coaches aren’t the only people excited for the Stanley Cup finals. You can throw the executives into the mix as well.
Blackhawks president and CEO John McDonough tells Mark Strotman of CSNChicago.com that he can’t wait for the series with Boston to get going.
“We’re very happy to be here but we realize that there’s one significant step to go and it’s kind of a business-like approach. We’re happy about it.” he told CSNChicago.com. “We’re past three rounds and every round is like a heavyweight fight, it really is. So we’ve got one more left. The fans are feeling it, the players are feeling it, the organization’s feeling it, but it’s great. There’s no place that we would rather be.”
What’s not to like from a business standpoint? The Blackhawks were the best team in the league during the regular season. United Center has been jam-packed for every home game and they even had a series against their hated rivals from Detroit thrown into the mix.
Now with a series against Boston in the big East vs. West showdown for the Cup and a whole city backing them, life is really good for the suits.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)