Jun 11, 2013, 2:51 PM EDT
The fans, players, and coaches aren’t the only people excited for the Stanley Cup finals. You can throw the executives into the mix as well.
Blackhawks president and CEO John McDonough tells Mark Strotman of CSNChicago.com that he can’t wait for the series with Boston to get going.
“We’re very happy to be here but we realize that there’s one significant step to go and it’s kind of a business-like approach. We’re happy about it.” he told CSNChicago.com. ”We’re past three rounds and every round is like a heavyweight fight, it really is. So we’ve got one more left. The fans are feeling it, the players are feeling it, the organization’s feeling it, but it’s great. There’s no place that we would rather be.”
What’s not to like from a business standpoint? The Blackhawks were the best team in the league during the regular season. United Center has been jam-packed for every home game and they even had a series against their hated rivals from Detroit thrown into the mix.
Now with a series against Boston in the big East vs. West showdown for the Cup and a whole city backing them, life is really good for the suits.
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 0
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 8
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 22
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)