Jun 11, 2013, 2:51 PM EDT
The fans, players, and coaches aren’t the only people excited for the Stanley Cup finals. You can throw the executives into the mix as well.
Blackhawks president and CEO John McDonough tells Mark Strotman of CSNChicago.com that he can’t wait for the series with Boston to get going.
“We’re very happy to be here but we realize that there’s one significant step to go and it’s kind of a business-like approach. We’re happy about it.” he told CSNChicago.com. “We’re past three rounds and every round is like a heavyweight fight, it really is. So we’ve got one more left. The fans are feeling it, the players are feeling it, the organization’s feeling it, but it’s great. There’s no place that we would rather be.”
What’s not to like from a business standpoint? The Blackhawks were the best team in the league during the regular season. United Center has been jam-packed for every home game and they even had a series against their hated rivals from Detroit thrown into the mix.
Now with a series against Boston in the big East vs. West showdown for the Cup and a whole city backing them, life is really good for the suits.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 18
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 27
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)