Jun 10, 2013, 10:45 PM EDT
It’s funny how things work out. During the NHL lockout, Tyler Seguin and Patrick Kane were teammates in Switzerland playing for HC Biel. Now that we’ve moved past the labor strife and into the Stanley Cup finals, the short-term teammates get to face off to see who wins it all.
As Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com shares, Seguin knows Kane is coming into the finals red hot and a player to be feared.
“I think he’s definitely an incredible player, and very shifty. When he has that spark of confidence, he’s definitely a dangerous player,” said Seguin. “You could see it [Game 5] after he got that goal the game before, and it seemed like he was a different player than he was earlier in the series.”
Kane caught fire in the final two games against L.A. scoring four goals, including his Game 5 hat trick. He’s got 14 points in 17 games as it is, and while that’s not overwhelming, he’s been much better than Seguin.
The Bruins youngster has just one goal and three assists in 16 games this postseason. Boston is hoping he took notes of Kane’s play the last couple games and can use it against him.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)