Jun 10, 2013, 10:45 PM EDT
It’s funny how things work out. During the NHL lockout, Tyler Seguin and Patrick Kane were teammates in Switzerland playing for HC Biel. Now that we’ve moved past the labor strife and into the Stanley Cup finals, the short-term teammates get to face off to see who wins it all.
As Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com shares, Seguin knows Kane is coming into the finals red hot and a player to be feared.
“I think he’s definitely an incredible player, and very shifty. When he has that spark of confidence, he’s definitely a dangerous player,” said Seguin. “You could see it [Game 5] after he got that goal the game before, and it seemed like he was a different player than he was earlier in the series.”
Kane caught fire in the final two games against L.A. scoring four goals, including his Game 5 hat trick. He’s got 14 points in 17 games as it is, and while that’s not overwhelming, he’s been much better than Seguin.
The Bruins youngster has just one goal and three assists in 16 games this postseason. Boston is hoping he took notes of Kane’s play the last couple games and can use it against him.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 36
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)