Jun 10, 2013, 10:45 PM EDT
It’s funny how things work out. During the NHL lockout, Tyler Seguin and Patrick Kane were teammates in Switzerland playing for HC Biel. Now that we’ve moved past the labor strife and into the Stanley Cup finals, the short-term teammates get to face off to see who wins it all.
As Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com shares, Seguin knows Kane is coming into the finals red hot and a player to be feared.
“I think he’s definitely an incredible player, and very shifty. When he has that spark of confidence, he’s definitely a dangerous player,” said Seguin. “You could see it [Game 5] after he got that goal the game before, and it seemed like he was a different player than he was earlier in the series.”
Kane caught fire in the final two games against L.A. scoring four goals, including his Game 5 hat trick. He’s got 14 points in 17 games as it is, and while that’s not overwhelming, he’s been much better than Seguin.
The Bruins youngster has just one goal and three assists in 16 games this postseason. Boston is hoping he took notes of Kane’s play the last couple games and can use it against him.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)