Jun 10, 2013, 10:45 PM EST
It’s funny how things work out. During the NHL lockout, Tyler Seguin and Patrick Kane were teammates in Switzerland playing for HC Biel. Now that we’ve moved past the labor strife and into the Stanley Cup finals, the short-term teammates get to face off to see who wins it all.
As Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com shares, Seguin knows Kane is coming into the finals red hot and a player to be feared.
“I think he’s definitely an incredible player, and very shifty. When he has that spark of confidence, he’s definitely a dangerous player,” said Seguin. “You could see it [Game 5] after he got that goal the game before, and it seemed like he was a different player than he was earlier in the series.”
Kane caught fire in the final two games against L.A. scoring four goals, including his Game 5 hat trick. He’s got 14 points in 17 games as it is, and while that’s not overwhelming, he’s been much better than Seguin.
The Bruins youngster has just one goal and three assists in 16 games this postseason. Boston is hoping he took notes of Kane’s play the last couple games and can use it against him.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 62
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 73
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (144)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (73)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)