Jun 10, 2013, 4:08 PM EDT
Calling it a ‘bad arm,’ Sutter indicated the veteran blueliner was banged up and playing hurt during L.A.’s run to the Western Conference finals.
Despite that, Regehr still appeared in all 18 games for the Kings and averaged over 21 minutes per night — though, it must be said, he did finish with a team-worst minus-8 rating.
The Kings were impressed enough with Regehr’s play to sign him to a two-year, $6 million deal following their second round defeat of San Jose.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 1
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55