Jun 10, 2013, 10:00 PM EST
Apparently having connections to the Toronto Maple Leafs helps you land coaching gigs.
Former Leafs defenseman Drake Berehowsky was named head coach of the WHL Lethbridge Hurricanes today. While he spent his playing career with six different teams, his post-playing career has seen him get his feet more-than wet learning the coaching ropes.
This past season he was head coach and general manager of the ECHL Orlando Solar Bears but spent the previous three seasons as an assistant with the AHL Peoria Rivermen. He was also an assistant for two years with the OHL Barrie Colts before that.
Berehowsky says it’s always been a dream to coach in the CHL so it’s great to see that dreams can come true.
(Photo: Lethbridge Hurricanes)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 12
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 85
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (85)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)