Jun 10, 2013, 10:00 PM EDT
Apparently having connections to the Toronto Maple Leafs helps you land coaching gigs.
Former Leafs defenseman Drake Berehowsky was named head coach of the WHL Lethbridge Hurricanes today. While he spent his playing career with six different teams, his post-playing career has seen him get his feet more-than wet learning the coaching ropes.
This past season he was head coach and general manager of the ECHL Orlando Solar Bears but spent the previous three seasons as an assistant with the AHL Peoria Rivermen. He was also an assistant for two years with the OHL Barrie Colts before that.
Berehowsky says it’s always been a dream to coach in the CHL so it’s great to see that dreams can come true.
(Photo: Lethbridge Hurricanes)
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 3
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 32
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6