Jun 10, 2013, 10:00 PM EDT
Apparently having connections to the Toronto Maple Leafs helps you land coaching gigs.
Former Leafs defenseman Drake Berehowsky was named head coach of the WHL Lethbridge Hurricanes today. While he spent his playing career with six different teams, his post-playing career has seen him get his feet more-than wet learning the coaching ropes.
This past season he was head coach and general manager of the ECHL Orlando Solar Bears but spent the previous three seasons as an assistant with the AHL Peoria Rivermen. He was also an assistant for two years with the OHL Barrie Colts before that.
Berehowsky says it’s always been a dream to coach in the CHL so it’s great to see that dreams can come true.
(Photo: Lethbridge Hurricanes)
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 29
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)