Jun 10, 2013, 10:00 PM EST
Apparently having connections to the Toronto Maple Leafs helps you land coaching gigs.
Former Leafs defenseman Drake Berehowsky was named head coach of the WHL Lethbridge Hurricanes today. While he spent his playing career with six different teams, his post-playing career has seen him get his feet more-than wet learning the coaching ropes.
This past season he was head coach and general manager of the ECHL Orlando Solar Bears but spent the previous three seasons as an assistant with the AHL Peoria Rivermen. He was also an assistant for two years with the OHL Barrie Colts before that.
Berehowsky says it’s always been a dream to coach in the CHL so it’s great to see that dreams can come true.
(Photo: Lethbridge Hurricanes)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 21
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 36
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 58
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 33
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 56
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 165
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (165)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (58)