Jun 10, 2013, 10:00 PM EDT
Apparently having connections to the Toronto Maple Leafs helps you land coaching gigs.
Former Leafs defenseman Drake Berehowsky was named head coach of the WHL Lethbridge Hurricanes today. While he spent his playing career with six different teams, his post-playing career has seen him get his feet more-than wet learning the coaching ropes.
This past season he was head coach and general manager of the ECHL Orlando Solar Bears but spent the previous three seasons as an assistant with the AHL Peoria Rivermen. He was also an assistant for two years with the OHL Barrie Colts before that.
Berehowsky says it’s always been a dream to coach in the CHL so it’s great to see that dreams can come true.
(Photo: Lethbridge Hurricanes)
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)