Jun 10, 2013, 8:47 PM EST
Oilers forward Teemu Hartikainen isn’t sticking around in Edmonton to see what new coach Dallas Eakins has to say.
Hartikainen signed a deal with Ufa in the KHL sending him across the ocean after parts of three seasons with the Oilers. The big Finnish forward has played 52 games over that time with six goals and seven assists. The Oilers will continue to hold his rights despite his sudden departure.
Bruce McCurdy of the Edmonton Journal points out Hartikainen leaving is a disappointment for the team as he was finding his way in his extensive time in the AHL. He was set to be a restricted free agent this summer.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)