Jun 10, 2013, 8:47 PM EDT
Oilers forward Teemu Hartikainen isn’t sticking around in Edmonton to see what new coach Dallas Eakins has to say.
Hartikainen signed a deal with Ufa in the KHL sending him across the ocean after parts of three seasons with the Oilers. The big Finnish forward has played 52 games over that time with six goals and seven assists. The Oilers will continue to hold his rights despite his sudden departure.
Bruce McCurdy of the Edmonton Journal points out Hartikainen leaving is a disappointment for the team as he was finding his way in his extensive time in the AHL. He was set to be a restricted free agent this summer.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 2
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)