Jun 10, 2013, 8:47 PM EDT
Oilers forward Teemu Hartikainen isn’t sticking around in Edmonton to see what new coach Dallas Eakins has to say.
Hartikainen signed a deal with Ufa in the KHL sending him across the ocean after parts of three seasons with the Oilers. The big Finnish forward has played 52 games over that time with six goals and seven assists. The Oilers will continue to hold his rights despite his sudden departure.
Bruce McCurdy of the Edmonton Journal points out Hartikainen leaving is a disappointment for the team as he was finding his way in his extensive time in the AHL. He was set to be a restricted free agent this summer.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 0
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 40
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (43)