Jun 10, 2013, 8:47 PM EST
Oilers forward Teemu Hartikainen isn’t sticking around in Edmonton to see what new coach Dallas Eakins has to say.
Hartikainen signed a deal with Ufa in the KHL sending him across the ocean after parts of three seasons with the Oilers. The big Finnish forward has played 52 games over that time with six goals and seven assists. The Oilers will continue to hold his rights despite his sudden departure.
Bruce McCurdy of the Edmonton Journal points out Hartikainen leaving is a disappointment for the team as he was finding his way in his extensive time in the AHL. He was set to be a restricted free agent this summer.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)