Jun 9, 2013, 9:55 AM EST
Chicago making the Stanley Cup finals for the second time in the last four seasons comes as no surprise considering their talent all over the ice. If you ask captain Jonathan Toews about why he thinks they’ve made it this far, he’ll point the finger at his own goal.
“Certainly he deserves all the credit in the world and then some,” Toews said. “He’s doing it all.”
Against Los Angeles, Crawford stood tall and outdueled last year’s Conn Smythe Trophy winner Jonathan Quick. Considering how well he was playing coming into the Western Conference finals that’s saying a lot. Truth be told, in this series Crawford was just more consistent.
In the five games he gave up a total of 10 goals and tossed up a .927 save-percentage and a 1.82 goals-against average. If he can keep the Bruins under two goals per game in the Stanley Cup finals, things will be looking up for the Blackhawks.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)