Jun 9, 2013, 1:20 AM EDT
The 2013 playoffs press conferences no longer feature the yin-and-yang of coaches in John Tortorella and Darryl Sutter.
While the fired New York Rangers coach was unpredictable (aside from being surly), the recently eliminated Los Angeles Kings head coach brought a genial but difficult vibe to his post-game thoughts. Many will miss that, but at least he provided CSNChicago.com’s Nina Falcone and others with this gem after Game 5′s 4-3 double OT defeat:
“There’s not much you can do, but giving up bad goals puts your head between your legs and it gets your [expletive] kicked,” Sutter said.
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 3
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 113
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17