Jun 9, 2013, 1:20 AM EDT
The 2013 playoffs press conferences no longer feature the yin-and-yang of coaches in John Tortorella and Darryl Sutter.
While the fired New York Rangers coach was unpredictable (aside from being surly), the recently eliminated Los Angeles Kings head coach brought a genial but difficult vibe to his post-game thoughts. Many will miss that, but at least he provided CSNChicago.com’s Nina Falcone and others with this gem after Game 5’s 4-3 double OT defeat:
“There’s not much you can do, but giving up bad goals puts your head between your legs and it gets your [expletive] kicked,” Sutter said.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22