Jun 9, 2013, 9:19 AM EDT
Last night’s double-overtime loss will ultimately be chalked up as a disappointment for the Los Angeles Kings, but considering they made it into the extra periods says a lot about them.
After getting down 2-0 in the first period, things could’ve gotten out of hand fast. Instead they battled to help force overtime and that’s something defenseman Rob Scuderi is proud of as Jon Rosen of L.A. Kings Insider shares.
“Unfortunately we were stopped here in the Western Conference Finals, but I mean, overall I’m pretty proud of the team, especially considering tonight in that early 2-0 hole, it looks like we could kind of fold up shop and call it a season to a better team on home ice, but we battled back,” Scuderi said. “We stayed with it, and at least we gave ourselves a chance.”
“As much as it is a disappointing feeling to lose here tonight and to not have a chance to repeat, I’m not ashamed of our group and the effort that we put forward.”
It was a valiant playoffs for the defending champs as they battled back against St. Louis in the first-round and then went seven tough games with San Jose in the Conference semifinals. Things didn’t turn out the same way this season, but considering the group of players they’ve got, these Kings won’t be going away next season.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 15
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 26
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)