Jun 9, 2013, 9:19 AM EST
Last night’s double-overtime loss will ultimately be chalked up as a disappointment for the Los Angeles Kings, but considering they made it into the extra periods says a lot about them.
After getting down 2-0 in the first period, things could’ve gotten out of hand fast. Instead they battled to help force overtime and that’s something defenseman Rob Scuderi is proud of as Jon Rosen of L.A. Kings Insider shares.
“Unfortunately we were stopped here in the Western Conference Finals, but I mean, overall I’m pretty proud of the team, especially considering tonight in that early 2-0 hole, it looks like we could kind of fold up shop and call it a season to a better team on home ice, but we battled back,” Scuderi said. ”We stayed with it, and at least we gave ourselves a chance.”
“As much as it is a disappointing feeling to lose here tonight and to not have a chance to repeat, I’m not ashamed of our group and the effort that we put forward.”
It was a valiant playoffs for the defending champs as they battled back against St. Louis in the first-round and then went seven tough games with San Jose in the Conference semifinals. Things didn’t turn out the same way this season, but considering the group of players they’ve got, these Kings won’t be going away next season.
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 3
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 14
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 31
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 5
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 69
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 64
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 32
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)