Jun 9, 2013, 9:19 AM EDT
Last night’s double-overtime loss will ultimately be chalked up as a disappointment for the Los Angeles Kings, but considering they made it into the extra periods says a lot about them.
After getting down 2-0 in the first period, things could’ve gotten out of hand fast. Instead they battled to help force overtime and that’s something defenseman Rob Scuderi is proud of as Jon Rosen of L.A. Kings Insider shares.
“Unfortunately we were stopped here in the Western Conference Finals, but I mean, overall I’m pretty proud of the team, especially considering tonight in that early 2-0 hole, it looks like we could kind of fold up shop and call it a season to a better team on home ice, but we battled back,” Scuderi said. “We stayed with it, and at least we gave ourselves a chance.”
“As much as it is a disappointing feeling to lose here tonight and to not have a chance to repeat, I’m not ashamed of our group and the effort that we put forward.”
It was a valiant playoffs for the defending champs as they battled back against St. Louis in the first-round and then went seven tough games with San Jose in the Conference semifinals. Things didn’t turn out the same way this season, but considering the group of players they’ve got, these Kings won’t be going away next season.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)