Jun 9, 2013, 9:19 AM EDT
Last night’s double-overtime loss will ultimately be chalked up as a disappointment for the Los Angeles Kings, but considering they made it into the extra periods says a lot about them.
After getting down 2-0 in the first period, things could’ve gotten out of hand fast. Instead they battled to help force overtime and that’s something defenseman Rob Scuderi is proud of as Jon Rosen of L.A. Kings Insider shares.
“Unfortunately we were stopped here in the Western Conference Finals, but I mean, overall I’m pretty proud of the team, especially considering tonight in that early 2-0 hole, it looks like we could kind of fold up shop and call it a season to a better team on home ice, but we battled back,” Scuderi said. “We stayed with it, and at least we gave ourselves a chance.”
“As much as it is a disappointing feeling to lose here tonight and to not have a chance to repeat, I’m not ashamed of our group and the effort that we put forward.”
It was a valiant playoffs for the defending champs as they battled back against St. Louis in the first-round and then went seven tough games with San Jose in the Conference semifinals. Things didn’t turn out the same way this season, but considering the group of players they’ve got, these Kings won’t be going away next season.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 4
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 30
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 21
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)