Jun 9, 2013, 9:19 AM EST
Last night’s double-overtime loss will ultimately be chalked up as a disappointment for the Los Angeles Kings, but considering they made it into the extra periods says a lot about them.
After getting down 2-0 in the first period, things could’ve gotten out of hand fast. Instead they battled to help force overtime and that’s something defenseman Rob Scuderi is proud of as Jon Rosen of L.A. Kings Insider shares.
“Unfortunately we were stopped here in the Western Conference Finals, but I mean, overall I’m pretty proud of the team, especially considering tonight in that early 2-0 hole, it looks like we could kind of fold up shop and call it a season to a better team on home ice, but we battled back,” Scuderi said. “We stayed with it, and at least we gave ourselves a chance.”
“As much as it is a disappointing feeling to lose here tonight and to not have a chance to repeat, I’m not ashamed of our group and the effort that we put forward.”
It was a valiant playoffs for the defending champs as they battled back against St. Louis in the first-round and then went seven tough games with San Jose in the Conference semifinals. Things didn’t turn out the same way this season, but considering the group of players they’ve got, these Kings won’t be going away next season.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 8
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 5
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 12
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)