Jun 9, 2013, 4:53 PM EST
This summer could be filled with a lot of change for the Pittsburgh Penguins, but there’s one soon-to-be free agent who doesn’t want to leave.
“Obviously, I want to stay a Pittsburgh Penguin,” Dupuis said. “I’ve said before, my wife and my kids love it around here. I have friends away from the hockey world that I want to be part of their life still.”
The catch for him is that he’s due for a raise and the Penguins could be facing salary cap problems with the upper limit coming back down to $64.3 million. He’s been one of Pittsburgh’s steadiest players the past few seasons and scored 20 goals during the shortened 2013 season. He had a career-high 25 last year.
Dupuis had a cap hit of $1.5 million the past two seasons but after how he’s played that should jump quite a bit. With $56.4 million against the cap already committed to 18 players next season is there room to bring him back? That’s a tough question for GM Ray Shero.
Dec 21, 2013, 8:04 PM EST
He was able to skate off with some help from a trainer.
Dec 21, 2013, 7:34 PM EST
Los Angeles took a 3-2 shootout win vs. Colorado on Saturday.
Dec 21, 2013, 7:11 PM EST
Hey, the Islanders get a break.
Dec 21, 2013, 6:53 PM EST
The 51-year-old Washington Capitals coach faces former peers Saturday.
Dec 21, 2013, 6:33 PM EST
He suffered a concussion against Ottawa on Monday.
Dec 21, 2013, 5:42 PM EST
He wants to be a number one goalie, even if it’s not with Washington.
Dec 21, 2013, 5:15 PM EST
It was against the team that drafted him, the Ottawa Senators.
Dec 21, 2013, 4:25 PM EST
He has an upper-body injury.
Dec 21, 2013, 3:58 PM EST
Curtis Glencross and Kris Russell are both sidelined.
Dec 21, 2013, 3:35 PM EST
No decision has been made though.
Dec 21, 2013, 3:06 PM EST
He’ll miss at least a month.
Dec 21, 2013, 2:44 PM EST
He has allowed 10 goals in his last three games.
Dec 21, 2013, 2:09 PM EST
He’s already missed roughly a month this season due to knee problems.
Dec 21, 2013, 1:47 PM EST
He’s expected to play against Ottawa this afternoon.
Dec 21, 2013, 1:38 PM EST
The holiday roster freeze will keep him with Washington for at least one more week.
Dec 21, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
Right when he was starting to rebound…
Dec 21, 2013, 12:17 PM EST
His return isn’t imminent, but he’s making progress.
Dec 21, 2013, 11:36 AM EST
It’s believed that he was hurt on Thursday.
Dec 21, 2013, 11:11 AM EST
It’s a two-year deal.
Dec 21, 2013, 10:26 AM EST
He leads American-born goaltenders in GAA and save percentage.
- Martin Jones improves to 8-0-0, ties NHL record 2
- Vermette gets hat trick, including late tying goal, OT winner 2
- GM Wilson: It’s too early to tell if Hertl’s season is done 19
- A month later, Martin Erat still wants to be traded 11
- Devils lose Brunner for at least four weeks 0
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 16
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 37
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 7
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 72
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (108)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (104)
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ (72)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)
- Video: Marchand taunts Canucks with championship miming (69)