Jun 9, 2013, 4:53 PM EST
This summer could be filled with a lot of change for the Pittsburgh Penguins, but there’s one soon-to-be free agent who doesn’t want to leave.
“Obviously, I want to stay a Pittsburgh Penguin,” Dupuis said. “I’ve said before, my wife and my kids love it around here. I have friends away from the hockey world that I want to be part of their life still.”
The catch for him is that he’s due for a raise and the Penguins could be facing salary cap problems with the upper limit coming back down to $64.3 million. He’s been one of Pittsburgh’s steadiest players the past few seasons and scored 20 goals during the shortened 2013 season. He had a career-high 25 last year.
Dupuis had a cap hit of $1.5 million the past two seasons but after how he’s played that should jump quite a bit. With $56.4 million against the cap already committed to 18 players next season is there room to bring him back? That’s a tough question for GM Ray Shero.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 11
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)