Jun 9, 2013, 11:59 AM EDT
While the Oilers were busy firing coach Ralph Krueger yesterday, they had good news elsewhere about star center Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.
“We’re not going to push it too much, but things are going really well so far,” Hopkins said.
The Oilers young star says he’s got a couple steps left before he can start shooting pucks but figures he’ll reach that step in another month.
Provided he comes back without issue and his shoulder fully healed, he along with Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle give the Oilers a dynamic young attack. Hopkins and Hall alike have each run into injury problems early in their careers.
At this rate, it appears Hopkins should be ready to go for the start of the season.
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 0
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 0
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 7
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 60
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 61
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 165
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (165)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)