Jun 9, 2013, 11:59 AM EDT
While the Oilers were busy firing coach Ralph Krueger yesterday, they had good news elsewhere about star center Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.
“We’re not going to push it too much, but things are going really well so far,” Hopkins said.
The Oilers young star says he’s got a couple steps left before he can start shooting pucks but figures he’ll reach that step in another month.
Provided he comes back without issue and his shoulder fully healed, he along with Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle give the Oilers a dynamic young attack. Hopkins and Hall alike have each run into injury problems early in their careers.
At this rate, it appears Hopkins should be ready to go for the start of the season.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)