Jun 9, 2013, 11:59 AM EST
While the Oilers were busy firing coach Ralph Krueger yesterday, they had good news elsewhere about star center Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.
“We’re not going to push it too much, but things are going really well so far,” Hopkins said.
The Oilers young star says he’s got a couple steps left before he can start shooting pucks but figures he’ll reach that step in another month.
Provided he comes back without issue and his shoulder fully healed, he along with Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle give the Oilers a dynamic young attack. Hopkins and Hall alike have each run into injury problems early in their careers.
At this rate, it appears Hopkins should be ready to go for the start of the season.
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 3
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 33
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 63
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 31
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)