Jun 9, 2013, 11:59 AM EDT
While the Oilers were busy firing coach Ralph Krueger yesterday, they had good news elsewhere about star center Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.
“We’re not going to push it too much, but things are going really well so far,” Hopkins said.
The Oilers young star says he’s got a couple steps left before he can start shooting pucks but figures he’ll reach that step in another month.
Provided he comes back without issue and his shoulder fully healed, he along with Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle give the Oilers a dynamic young attack. Hopkins and Hall alike have each run into injury problems early in their careers.
At this rate, it appears Hopkins should be ready to go for the start of the season.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 3
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15