Jun 9, 2013, 11:59 AM EDT
While the Oilers were busy firing coach Ralph Krueger yesterday, they had good news elsewhere about star center Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.
“We’re not going to push it too much, but things are going really well so far,” Hopkins said.
The Oilers young star says he’s got a couple steps left before he can start shooting pucks but figures he’ll reach that step in another month.
Provided he comes back without issue and his shoulder fully healed, he along with Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle give the Oilers a dynamic young attack. Hopkins and Hall alike have each run into injury problems early in their careers.
At this rate, it appears Hopkins should be ready to go for the start of the season.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)