Jun 9, 2013, 10:44 AM EDT
One team that figures to be busy no matter what this summer are the Philadelphia Flyers and TSN’s Bob McKenzie helped amp up the speculation.
McKenzie tweeted some thoughts on the Flyers’ situation that are sure to get Flyers fans anxious for at least the June 30 NHL Draft when trade shenanigans take over.
According to CapGeek.com, buying out Ilya Bryzgalov would leave the Flyers on the hook to pay him until the 2026-2027 season but they’d be free of his $5.67 million cap hit and become an instant wild-card to pursue another goaltender.
As for moving either Brayden Schenn or Sean Couturier for a top-end defenseman, that makes a lot of sense because Philly lacks a No. 1 blue liner. To get you have to give, as they say, and while the Flyers love both Schenn and Couturier their defense last season was in shambles and needs improvement. Finding that No. 1 defender to deal for, however, is the hard part.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (67)