Jun 9, 2013, 7:29 PM EST
Love him or hate him, Boston Bruins forward Brad Marchand has shown an ability to raise his game and take others off theirs late in the Stanley Cup playoffs.
Take 2011, for example.
Against the Vancouver Canucks, Marchand scored twice and had three points in Game 7, which the Bruins won, giving them the Stanley Cup.
He was also partly responsible for completely disrupting the Sedins – Daniel and Henrik – as that series progressed in favor of the Bruins.
The Bruins are back to the final for the second time in three years, this time against the Chicago Blackhawks, the 2013 Presidents’ Trophy winners.
One Stanley Cup isn’t enough for Marchand.
“It’s an incredible feeling. I don’t think it’s ever one that you can really describe. I think it just gets better and better every time,” Marchand told CSNNE.com.
“It was unbelievable to win that first one [Stanley Cup], but being back in the Finals and having the opportunity to go after another one, it feels the exact same. We’re very excited.”
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 24
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)