Jun 9, 2013, 7:29 PM EDT
Love him or hate him, Boston Bruins forward Brad Marchand has shown an ability to raise his game and take others off theirs late in the Stanley Cup playoffs.
Take 2011, for example.
Against the Vancouver Canucks, Marchand scored twice and had three points in Game 7, which the Bruins won, giving them the Stanley Cup.
He was also partly responsible for completely disrupting the Sedins – Daniel and Henrik – as that series progressed in favor of the Bruins.
The Bruins are back to the final for the second time in three years, this time against the Chicago Blackhawks, the 2013 Presidents’ Trophy winners.
One Stanley Cup isn’t enough for Marchand.
“It’s an incredible feeling. I don’t think it’s ever one that you can really describe. I think it just gets better and better every time,” Marchand told CSNNE.com.
“It was unbelievable to win that first one [Stanley Cup], but being back in the Finals and having the opportunity to go after another one, it feels the exact same. We’re very excited.”
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 3
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 28
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)