Jun 9, 2013, 12:10 AM EST
The Los Angeles Kings defended their 2012 Stanley Cup crown valiantly in the 2013 Western Conference finals, but the Presidents’ Trophy-winning Chicago Blackhawks won it in the end. Patrick Kane‘s hat trick gave Chicago a 4-3 win in double OT, taking the series in five games.
What do you think?
- Well, that was quite a way for Patrick Kane to really shed all the struggling talk. Can the Boston Bruins keep the crafty, offensively gifted winger under wraps?
- Let’s extend that question further: can Boston curtail Chicago’s second-best offense after holding the Pittsburgh Penguins to an astounding two goals in four games? How would you use Boston’s best players, such as Zdeno Chara, Patrice Bergeron and David Krejci?
- Should the Kings be satisfied with the way they defended the title? If you were to change any of their moves or major decisions, what would they be?
- Is it still too early to consider Corey Crawford legitimate? Perhaps last season’s rough ride was a mere bump in the road.
- The Bruins and Blackhawks stared elimination in the eye in a serious way during the postseason. Will those experiences serve them well as the spotlight shines the brightest?
- How would you rate a Chicago vs. Boston series, from an entertainment perspective?
- OK, the obvious question: who do you expect to win? The Bruins will try to play the underdog card, but it will be pretty tough to hammer that point too hard after they dominated Pittsburgh.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 15
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 42
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)