Jun 9, 2013, 12:10 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings defended their 2012 Stanley Cup crown valiantly in the 2013 Western Conference finals, but the Presidents’ Trophy-winning Chicago Blackhawks won it in the end. Patrick Kane‘s hat trick gave Chicago a 4-3 win in double OT, taking the series in five games.
What do you think?
- Well, that was quite a way for Patrick Kane to really shed all the struggling talk. Can the Boston Bruins keep the crafty, offensively gifted winger under wraps?
- Let’s extend that question further: can Boston curtail Chicago’s second-best offense after holding the Pittsburgh Penguins to an astounding two goals in four games? How would you use Boston’s best players, such as Zdeno Chara, Patrice Bergeron and David Krejci?
- Should the Kings be satisfied with the way they defended the title? If you were to change any of their moves or major decisions, what would they be?
- Is it still too early to consider Corey Crawford legitimate? Perhaps last season’s rough ride was a mere bump in the road.
- The Bruins and Blackhawks stared elimination in the eye in a serious way during the postseason. Will those experiences serve them well as the spotlight shines the brightest?
- How would you rate a Chicago vs. Boston series, from an entertainment perspective?
- OK, the obvious question: who do you expect to win? The Bruins will try to play the underdog card, but it will be pretty tough to hammer that point too hard after they dominated Pittsburgh.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 10
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 32
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25