Jun 9, 2013, 12:10 AM EST
The Los Angeles Kings defended their 2012 Stanley Cup crown valiantly in the 2013 Western Conference finals, but the Presidents’ Trophy-winning Chicago Blackhawks won it in the end. Patrick Kane‘s hat trick gave Chicago a 4-3 win in double OT, taking the series in five games.
What do you think?
- Well, that was quite a way for Patrick Kane to really shed all the struggling talk. Can the Boston Bruins keep the crafty, offensively gifted winger under wraps?
- Let’s extend that question further: can Boston curtail Chicago’s second-best offense after holding the Pittsburgh Penguins to an astounding two goals in four games? How would you use Boston’s best players, such as Zdeno Chara, Patrice Bergeron and David Krejci?
- Should the Kings be satisfied with the way they defended the title? If you were to change any of their moves or major decisions, what would they be?
- Is it still too early to consider Corey Crawford legitimate? Perhaps last season’s rough ride was a mere bump in the road.
- The Bruins and Blackhawks stared elimination in the eye in a serious way during the postseason. Will those experiences serve them well as the spotlight shines the brightest?
- How would you rate a Chicago vs. Boston series, from an entertainment perspective?
- OK, the obvious question: who do you expect to win? The Bruins will try to play the underdog card, but it will be pretty tough to hammer that point too hard after they dominated Pittsburgh.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (147)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)