Jun 9, 2013, 12:10 AM EST
The Los Angeles Kings defended their 2012 Stanley Cup crown valiantly in the 2013 Western Conference finals, but the Presidents’ Trophy-winning Chicago Blackhawks won it in the end. Patrick Kane‘s hat trick gave Chicago a 4-3 win in double OT, taking the series in five games.
What do you think?
- Well, that was quite a way for Patrick Kane to really shed all the struggling talk. Can the Boston Bruins keep the crafty, offensively gifted winger under wraps?
- Let’s extend that question further: can Boston curtail Chicago’s second-best offense after holding the Pittsburgh Penguins to an astounding two goals in four games? How would you use Boston’s best players, such as Zdeno Chara, Patrice Bergeron and David Krejci?
- Should the Kings be satisfied with the way they defended the title? If you were to change any of their moves or major decisions, what would they be?
- Is it still too early to consider Corey Crawford legitimate? Perhaps last season’s rough ride was a mere bump in the road.
- The Bruins and Blackhawks stared elimination in the eye in a serious way during the postseason. Will those experiences serve them well as the spotlight shines the brightest?
- How would you rate a Chicago vs. Boston series, from an entertainment perspective?
- OK, the obvious question: who do you expect to win? The Bruins will try to play the underdog card, but it will be pretty tough to hammer that point too hard after they dominated Pittsburgh.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 46
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)