Jun 9, 2013, 12:50 AM EDT
Los Angeles Kings head coach Darryl Sutter didn’t want to cough up his team’s injured player list on the same night that they were eliminated from the 2013 playoffs by the Chicago Blackhawks, but a couple came forward anyway.
Captain Dustin Brown said he played through a torn PCL (knee) since Game 6 against the San Jose Sharks, according to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun. Justin Williams admitted that he’s been dealing with a separated shoulder since that same semifinal series, as LeBrun also reports. Those weren’t the only wounds from that tightly contested set of games against the Sharks, as the Los Angeles Times’ Lisa Dillman reports that Drew Doughty owned up to ankle issues.
It’s possible the Kings dealt with other issues; details might surface in a few days.
Few would claim it’s an excuse for losing as nearly every team fights through pain – if not legitimate injuries – in the playoffs.
Still, if you’re forming an argument for why Los Angeles should hold its head high about defending the 2012 title, playing hurt is a nice feather in the Kings’ caps.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 14
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 10
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 11
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 96
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)