Jun 9, 2013, 12:50 AM EDT
Los Angeles Kings head coach Darryl Sutter didn’t want to cough up his team’s injured player list on the same night that they were eliminated from the 2013 playoffs by the Chicago Blackhawks, but a couple came forward anyway.
Captain Dustin Brown said he played through a torn PCL (knee) since Game 6 against the San Jose Sharks, according to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun. Justin Williams admitted that he’s been dealing with a separated shoulder since that same semifinal series, as LeBrun also reports. Those weren’t the only wounds from that tightly contested set of games against the Sharks, as the Los Angeles Times’ Lisa Dillman reports that Drew Doughty owned up to ankle issues.
It’s possible the Kings dealt with other issues; details might surface in a few days.
Few would claim it’s an excuse for losing as nearly every team fights through pain – if not legitimate injuries – in the playoffs.
Still, if you’re forming an argument for why Los Angeles should hold its head high about defending the 2012 title, playing hurt is a nice feather in the Kings’ caps.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)