Jun 9, 2013, 12:50 AM EDT
Los Angeles Kings head coach Darryl Sutter didn’t want to cough up his team’s injured player list on the same night that they were eliminated from the 2013 playoffs by the Chicago Blackhawks, but a couple came forward anyway.
Captain Dustin Brown said he played through a torn PCL (knee) since Game 6 against the San Jose Sharks, according to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun. Justin Williams admitted that he’s been dealing with a separated shoulder since that same semifinal series, as LeBrun also reports. Those weren’t the only wounds from that tightly contested set of games against the Sharks, as the Los Angeles Times’ Lisa Dillman reports that Drew Doughty owned up to ankle issues.
It’s possible the Kings dealt with other issues; details might surface in a few days.
Few would claim it’s an excuse for losing as nearly every team fights through pain – if not legitimate injuries – in the playoffs.
Still, if you’re forming an argument for why Los Angeles should hold its head high about defending the 2012 title, playing hurt is a nice feather in the Kings’ caps.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 16
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 14
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 60
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (61)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)