Jun 8, 2013, 11:43 PM EST
Returning players for both teams have had a strong showing in Game 5 between the Los Angeles Kings and Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday.
Duncan Keith made an early mark when he scored a goal and is logging serious minutes in a return from a one-game suspension while Mike Richards impacted the game most deeply in almost the last possible moment.
With many assuming the Kings’ title defense was over, Richards scored a dirty goal with about 10 seconds left to send this compelling contest to overtime:
We’re still looking for a game-winner, so tune into NBC to see how the second OT (and possibly more?) shakes out.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 1
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 14
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)