Jun 8, 2013, 11:43 PM EDT
Returning players for both teams have had a strong showing in Game 5 between the Los Angeles Kings and Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday.
Duncan Keith made an early mark when he scored a goal and is logging serious minutes in a return from a one-game suspension while Mike Richards impacted the game most deeply in almost the last possible moment.
With many assuming the Kings’ title defense was over, Richards scored a dirty goal with about 10 seconds left to send this compelling contest to overtime:
We’re still looking for a game-winner, so tune into NBC to see how the second OT (and possibly more?) shakes out.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (44)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)