Jun 8, 2013, 11:43 PM EST
Returning players for both teams have had a strong showing in Game 5 between the Los Angeles Kings and Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday.
Duncan Keith made an early mark when he scored a goal and is logging serious minutes in a return from a one-game suspension while Mike Richards impacted the game most deeply in almost the last possible moment.
With many assuming the Kings’ title defense was over, Richards scored a dirty goal with about 10 seconds left to send this compelling contest to overtime:
We’re still looking for a game-winner, so tune into NBC to see how the second OT (and possibly more?) shakes out.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 2
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (74)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)