Jun 8, 2013, 11:43 PM EDT
Returning players for both teams have had a strong showing in Game 5 between the Los Angeles Kings and Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday.
Duncan Keith made an early mark when he scored a goal and is logging serious minutes in a return from a one-game suspension while Mike Richards impacted the game most deeply in almost the last possible moment.
With many assuming the Kings’ title defense was over, Richards scored a dirty goal with about 10 seconds left to send this compelling contest to overtime:
We’re still looking for a game-winner, so tune into NBC to see how the second OT (and possibly more?) shakes out.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 1
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 28
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 8
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)