Jun 8, 2013, 9:13 PM EDT
Patrick Kane went seven consecutive playoff games without a goal before scoring in Game 4 on Friday. Now he has tallies in two consecutive games after fattening the Chicago Blackhawks’ Game 5 lead against the Los Angeles Kings to 2-0 on Saturday.
Watch as he waits out Jonathan Quick to find the net on a shot that almost tricks the eye (it looks a bit like it hits the crossbar, doesn’t it?):
If Chicago holds on, the Boston Bruins might just have a handful to deal with in a revitalized Kane.
(Unless he simply remains streaky; he failed to score in his first six games of the 2013 playoffs, scored a goal in two straight games and then went on another seven-game goalless streak …)
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 10
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 32
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25