Jun 8, 2013, 9:13 PM EST
Patrick Kane went seven consecutive playoff games without a goal before scoring in Game 4 on Friday. Now he has tallies in two consecutive games after fattening the Chicago Blackhawks’ Game 5 lead against the Los Angeles Kings to 2-0 on Saturday.
Watch as he waits out Jonathan Quick to find the net on a shot that almost tricks the eye (it looks a bit like it hits the crossbar, doesn’t it?):
If Chicago holds on, the Boston Bruins might just have a handful to deal with in a revitalized Kane.
(Unless he simply remains streaky; he failed to score in his first six games of the 2013 playoffs, scored a goal in two straight games and then went on another seven-game goalless streak …)
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 43
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31