Jun 8, 2013, 9:13 PM EDT
Patrick Kane went seven consecutive playoff games without a goal before scoring in Game 4 on Friday. Now he has tallies in two consecutive games after fattening the Chicago Blackhawks’ Game 5 lead against the Los Angeles Kings to 2-0 on Saturday.
Watch as he waits out Jonathan Quick to find the net on a shot that almost tricks the eye (it looks a bit like it hits the crossbar, doesn’t it?):
If Chicago holds on, the Boston Bruins might just have a handful to deal with in a revitalized Kane.
(Unless he simply remains streaky; he failed to score in his first six games of the 2013 playoffs, scored a goal in two straight games and then went on another seven-game goalless streak …)
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7