Jun 8, 2013, 9:13 PM EDT
Patrick Kane went seven consecutive playoff games without a goal before scoring in Game 4 on Friday. Now he has tallies in two consecutive games after fattening the Chicago Blackhawks’ Game 5 lead against the Los Angeles Kings to 2-0 on Saturday.
Watch as he waits out Jonathan Quick to find the net on a shot that almost tricks the eye (it looks a bit like it hits the crossbar, doesn’t it?):
If Chicago holds on, the Boston Bruins might just have a handful to deal with in a revitalized Kane.
(Unless he simply remains streaky; he failed to score in his first six games of the 2013 playoffs, scored a goal in two straight games and then went on another seven-game goalless streak …)
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 0
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 13
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 20
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12