Jun 8, 2013, 8:49 PM EST
Goalies never want to allow goals, but if they have to choose, most would probably agree that they’d prefer to avoid center-ice and other far-away embarrassments.
Jonathan Quick is generally accepted as an elite goalie, but he’s had his moments of long-range humiliation. Duncan Keith celebrated his return from a one-game suspension by scoring this 1-0 goal from around the blueline in Game 5 on Saturday:
Again, it’s not the only pie-in-the-face goal Quick has allowed against defensemen. Phoenix Coyotes defenseman Derek Morris got one past him in last year’s Western Conference finals:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
St. Louis Blues standout Alex Pietrangelo got the best of him in March 2011, too:
Tonight’s goal smarts because it puts a desperate Kings squad in a tough spot, but at least the 27-year-old shows he can shake these low moments off.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 15
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 21
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 30
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (63)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)