Jun 8, 2013, 8:49 PM EDT
Goalies never want to allow goals, but if they have to choose, most would probably agree that they’d prefer to avoid center-ice and other far-away embarrassments.
Jonathan Quick is generally accepted as an elite goalie, but he’s had his moments of long-range humiliation. Duncan Keith celebrated his return from a one-game suspension by scoring this 1-0 goal from around the blueline in Game 5 on Saturday:
Again, it’s not the only pie-in-the-face goal Quick has allowed against defensemen. Phoenix Coyotes defenseman Derek Morris got one past him in last year’s Western Conference finals:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
St. Louis Blues standout Alex Pietrangelo got the best of him in March 2011, too:
Tonight’s goal smarts because it puts a desperate Kings squad in a tough spot, but at least the 27-year-old shows he can shake these low moments off.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 0
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 31
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 43
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)