Jun 8, 2013, 8:49 PM EST
Goalies never want to allow goals, but if they have to choose, most would probably agree that they’d prefer to avoid center-ice and other far-away embarrassments.
Jonathan Quick is generally accepted as an elite goalie, but he’s had his moments of long-range humiliation. Duncan Keith celebrated his return from a one-game suspension by scoring this 1-0 goal from around the blueline in Game 5 on Saturday:
Again, it’s not the only pie-in-the-face goal Quick has allowed against defensemen. Phoenix Coyotes defenseman Derek Morris got one past him in last year’s Western Conference finals:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
St. Louis Blues standout Alex Pietrangelo got the best of him in March 2011, too:
Tonight’s goal smarts because it puts a desperate Kings squad in a tough spot, but at least the 27-year-old shows he can shake these low moments off.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2