Jun 8, 2013, 8:49 PM EDT
Goalies never want to allow goals, but if they have to choose, most would probably agree that they’d prefer to avoid center-ice and other far-away embarrassments.
Jonathan Quick is generally accepted as an elite goalie, but he’s had his moments of long-range humiliation. Duncan Keith celebrated his return from a one-game suspension by scoring this 1-0 goal from around the blueline in Game 5 on Saturday:
Again, it’s not the only pie-in-the-face goal Quick has allowed against defensemen. Phoenix Coyotes defenseman Derek Morris got one past him in last year’s Western Conference finals:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
St. Louis Blues standout Alex Pietrangelo got the best of him in March 2011, too:
Tonight’s goal smarts because it puts a desperate Kings squad in a tough spot, but at least the 27-year-old shows he can shake these low moments off.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 13
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6