Jun 8, 2013, 8:49 PM EST
Goalies never want to allow goals, but if they have to choose, most would probably agree that they’d prefer to avoid center-ice and other far-away embarrassments.
Jonathan Quick is generally accepted as an elite goalie, but he’s had his moments of long-range humiliation. Duncan Keith celebrated his return from a one-game suspension by scoring this 1-0 goal from around the blueline in Game 5 on Saturday:
Again, it’s not the only pie-in-the-face goal Quick has allowed against defensemen. Phoenix Coyotes defenseman Derek Morris got one past him in last year’s Western Conference finals:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
St. Louis Blues standout Alex Pietrangelo got the best of him in March 2011, too:
Tonight’s goal smarts because it puts a desperate Kings squad in a tough spot, but at least the 27-year-old shows he can shake these low moments off.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)