Jun 8, 2013, 9:59 PM EDT
It’s easy to get distracted by all Brad Marchand‘s histrionics and forget the fact that he’s developed into a go-to guy for the Boston Bruins.
The budding star/pest already has two 20+ goal seasons to his name and nearly did as much in this abbreviated season (18 goals in 45 games in 2013).
He came up big in the 2013 Eastern Conference finals, scoring two goals and assisting on the Bruins’ last two game-winners in four successful contests against the Pittsburgh Penguins. Keith Jones gives Marchand’s play – and his agitating ways – a glowing review in the video below:
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 0
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 13
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 20
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12