Jun 8, 2013, 9:59 PM EDT
It’s easy to get distracted by all Brad Marchand‘s histrionics and forget the fact that he’s developed into a go-to guy for the Boston Bruins.
The budding star/pest already has two 20+ goal seasons to his name and nearly did as much in this abbreviated season (18 goals in 45 games in 2013).
He came up big in the 2013 Eastern Conference finals, scoring two goals and assisting on the Bruins’ last two game-winners in four successful contests against the Pittsburgh Penguins. Keith Jones gives Marchand’s play – and his agitating ways – a glowing review in the video below:
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25