Jun 8, 2013, 9:40 PM EST
Roloson, 43, worked with the team’s younger goalie prospects after failing to continue his NHL career as a netminder. It wouldn’t be shocking if he was being groomed for that job from the start.
The Windsor Star notes that he’s giving a lecture on goaltending at the 26th Roger Neilson’s coaching clinic on Sunday, so this quote might shed some light on how he thinks people should handle a group of players who are often depicted as zany characters.
“You know, they talk like goalies act a little weird and different,” Roloson said. “I don’t buy into that. I’m not that guy, but there are some different ducks and there are hurdles you can get over to bridge that gap.”
(H/T to Rotoworld.)
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 19
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 25
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11