Jun 8, 2013, 9:40 PM EDT
Roloson, 43, worked with the team’s younger goalie prospects after failing to continue his NHL career as a netminder. It wouldn’t be shocking if he was being groomed for that job from the start.
The Windsor Star notes that he’s giving a lecture on goaltending at the 26th Roger Neilson’s coaching clinic on Sunday, so this quote might shed some light on how he thinks people should handle a group of players who are often depicted as zany characters.
“You know, they talk like goalies act a little weird and different,” Roloson said. “I don’t buy into that. I’m not that guy, but there are some different ducks and there are hurdles you can get over to bridge that gap.”
(H/T to Rotoworld.)
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2