Jun 8, 2013, 9:40 PM EDT
Roloson, 43, worked with the team’s younger goalie prospects after failing to continue his NHL career as a netminder. It wouldn’t be shocking if he was being groomed for that job from the start.
The Windsor Star notes that he’s giving a lecture on goaltending at the 26th Roger Neilson’s coaching clinic on Sunday, so this quote might shed some light on how he thinks people should handle a group of players who are often depicted as zany characters.
“You know, they talk like goalies act a little weird and different,” Roloson said. “I don’t buy into that. I’m not that guy, but there are some different ducks and there are hurdles you can get over to bridge that gap.”
(H/T to Rotoworld.)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5