Jun 8, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
If the Kings are going to stay alive in the Western Conference finals, getting a healthy Mike Richards back would help. Unfortunately for Los Angeles, it’s not looking like that will happen.
L.A. Kings Insider’s Jon Rosen has the update from coach Darryl Sutter from Friday about Richards’ progress after being injured in Game 1.
“We didn’t skate today. Didn’t do much yesterday. So honestly, I couldn’t tell you. It’s still really doubtful at best,” Sutter said about Richards’ availability.
Richards was hurt in Game 1 thanks to a hit by Blackhawks forward Dave Bolland. With him out of the lineup, it’s given rookie Tyler Toffoli a chance to shine but it’s clear Richards is missed on his line with Jeff Carter.
Update (2 p.m. ET): Richards skated this morning on a rotation with the fourth line and Sutter says he’s 50/50 whether he’ll play or not.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 24
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 10
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 50
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (50)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- ‘Don’t ruin a good thing,’ says Don Cherry after historic Rogers-NHL deal (32)