Jun 8, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
If the Kings are going to stay alive in the Western Conference finals, getting a healthy Mike Richards back would help. Unfortunately for Los Angeles, it’s not looking like that will happen.
L.A. Kings Insider’s Jon Rosen has the update from coach Darryl Sutter from Friday about Richards’ progress after being injured in Game 1.
“We didn’t skate today. Didn’t do much yesterday. So honestly, I couldn’t tell you. It’s still really doubtful at best,” Sutter said about Richards’ availability.
Richards was hurt in Game 1 thanks to a hit by Blackhawks forward Dave Bolland. With him out of the lineup, it’s given rookie Tyler Toffoli a chance to shine but it’s clear Richards is missed on his line with Jeff Carter.
Update (2 p.m. ET): Richards skated this morning on a rotation with the fourth line and Sutter says he’s 50/50 whether he’ll play or not.
- Ovechkin becomes fifth player to start career with 10 straight 30+ goal seasons 0
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 0
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 21
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 16
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 14
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 10
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61