Jun 8, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
If the Kings are going to stay alive in the Western Conference finals, getting a healthy Mike Richards back would help. Unfortunately for Los Angeles, it’s not looking like that will happen.
L.A. Kings Insider’s Jon Rosen has the update from coach Darryl Sutter from Friday about Richards’ progress after being injured in Game 1.
“We didn’t skate today. Didn’t do much yesterday. So honestly, I couldn’t tell you. It’s still really doubtful at best,” Sutter said about Richards’ availability.
Richards was hurt in Game 1 thanks to a hit by Blackhawks forward Dave Bolland. With him out of the lineup, it’s given rookie Tyler Toffoli a chance to shine but it’s clear Richards is missed on his line with Jeff Carter.
Update (2 p.m. ET): Richards skated this morning on a rotation with the fourth line and Sutter says he’s 50/50 whether he’ll play or not.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8