Jun 8, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
If the Kings are going to stay alive in the Western Conference finals, getting a healthy Mike Richards back would help. Unfortunately for Los Angeles, it’s not looking like that will happen.
L.A. Kings Insider’s Jon Rosen has the update from coach Darryl Sutter from Friday about Richards’ progress after being injured in Game 1.
“We didn’t skate today. Didn’t do much yesterday. So honestly, I couldn’t tell you. It’s still really doubtful at best,” Sutter said about Richards’ availability.
Richards was hurt in Game 1 thanks to a hit by Blackhawks forward Dave Bolland. With him out of the lineup, it’s given rookie Tyler Toffoli a chance to shine but it’s clear Richards is missed on his line with Jeff Carter.
Update (2 p.m. ET): Richards skated this morning on a rotation with the fourth line and Sutter says he’s 50/50 whether he’ll play or not.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 71
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 54
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 34
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)