Jun 8, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
If the Kings are going to stay alive in the Western Conference finals, getting a healthy Mike Richards back would help. Unfortunately for Los Angeles, it’s not looking like that will happen.
L.A. Kings Insider’s Jon Rosen has the update from coach Darryl Sutter from Friday about Richards’ progress after being injured in Game 1.
“We didn’t skate today. Didn’t do much yesterday. So honestly, I couldn’t tell you. It’s still really doubtful at best,” Sutter said about Richards’ availability.
Richards was hurt in Game 1 thanks to a hit by Blackhawks forward Dave Bolland. With him out of the lineup, it’s given rookie Tyler Toffoli a chance to shine but it’s clear Richards is missed on his line with Jeff Carter.
Update (2 p.m. ET): Richards skated this morning on a rotation with the fourth line and Sutter says he’s 50/50 whether he’ll play or not.
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 4
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 4
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 11
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 32
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 36
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)