Jun 8, 2013, 4:31 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks lineup will be back to normal for tonight’s Game 5.
Defenseman Duncan Keith will return to action for the Blackhawks tonight after serving a one-game suspension for slashing Kings forward Jeff Carter. If he has any issues with being sat down for a game by the league, he’s not sharing them as Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com reports.
“It doesn’t matter what my opinion is,” he said. “Like I said (after Game 3), I didn’t mean to get him where I got him. I know it doesn’t look good. But I’m glad he’s back playing for them. It doesn’t matter what my opinion on the suspension was.”
Keith’s return will put Sheldon Brookbank back in the press box tonight, meanwhile Brent Seabrook gets his old defensive partner back. Considering the Kings got their two goals in Game 4 against the pairing of Brookbank and Nick Leddy, the prospects for a return to offense on the road tonight look less-than optimistic.
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 5
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 79
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 74
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 64
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 37
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 74
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 170
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (170)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (80)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (74)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (74)