Jun 8, 2013, 4:31 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks lineup will be back to normal for tonight’s Game 5.
Defenseman Duncan Keith will return to action for the Blackhawks tonight after serving a one-game suspension for slashing Kings forward Jeff Carter. If he has any issues with being sat down for a game by the league, he’s not sharing them as Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com reports.
“It doesn’t matter what my opinion is,” he said. “Like I said (after Game 3), I didn’t mean to get him where I got him. I know it doesn’t look good. But I’m glad he’s back playing for them. It doesn’t matter what my opinion on the suspension was.”
Keith’s return will put Sheldon Brookbank back in the press box tonight, meanwhile Brent Seabrook gets his old defensive partner back. Considering the Kings got their two goals in Game 4 against the pairing of Brookbank and Nick Leddy, the prospects for a return to offense on the road tonight look less-than optimistic.
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 13
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 7
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 8
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 22
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)