Jun 8, 2013, 12:22 AM EDT
Before the 2013 Eastern Conference finals began, Milan Lucic made an entertaining comparison between the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Miami Heat. It makes sense, then, that Jaromir Jagr used the NBA to explain how the Boston Bruins swept the Penguins, as the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Seth Rorabaugh reports.
“It’s like basketball. If you have a good player, you want to double team them. Look at other guys to beat them,” Jagr said. “If you’re going to play against LeBron James, you’re going to put two guys on him. Let ‘Birdman’ (Chris Andersen) beat you.”
If you even loosely follow the NBA, you probably have Shaq’s “Birdman” chant in your head right now. If not, check Pro Basketball Talk for the latest on the colorful role player (pictured in this post).
In case you’re wondering, Lucic told NHL.com’s Matt Kalman that he’s not sure which NBA team the Bruins might be.
(One guess: maybe the Ben/Rasheed Wallace-era Detroit Pistons? It really is a tough call.)
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 17
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 13
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)