Jun 8, 2013, 12:10 AM EST
Sidney Crosby seems to agree with Pittsburgh Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma’s belief that the team went all-out in the final two games of the series. He said as much to the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi.
“The last couple games, I thought we deserved better,” Crosby said.
Boston Bruins head coach Claude Julien indicated that the series was closer than a sweep might indicate.
“This series here against Pittsburgh was not a 4-0 series,” Julien said. “I really felt that the breaks went our way in this series on a lot of occasions. You just have to look back right at the end of the game where Malkin has the open net and Zdeno makes the arm save. They dinged some shots off the post. If those go in, it’s a different series …. That’s the unfortunate part of this game, you know, sometimes as a team, you don’t get the breaks and you wonder what you have to do. I think that’s where Pittsburgh was a little snake bitten that way, and we were the team that was taking advantage of our breaks.”
Julien was quick to assert that the Bruins played well, though.
He also admitted that having a long layoff to prepare for the Penguins helped, as did the additional rest. If his statement about “external criticism” is any indication, he can relate to Bylsma, even if he’s not currently in that situation.
“Like I said, you know, I don’t even know that there’s criticism about the system there,” Julien said. “I’ve been here for six years. I think I’ve been fired five times. You know, those kinds of things really are not important to me. What’s important is the results.”
And those results are well-earned, even if there’s some luck involved.
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 0
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 8
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 10
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 8
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 10
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 10
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 21
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)