Jun 8, 2013, 12:10 AM EDT
Sidney Crosby seems to agree with Pittsburgh Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma’s belief that the team went all-out in the final two games of the series. He said as much to the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi.
“The last couple games, I thought we deserved better,” Crosby said.
Boston Bruins head coach Claude Julien indicated that the series was closer than a sweep might indicate.
“This series here against Pittsburgh was not a 4-0 series,” Julien said. “I really felt that the breaks went our way in this series on a lot of occasions. You just have to look back right at the end of the game where Malkin has the open net and Zdeno makes the arm save. They dinged some shots off the post. If those go in, it’s a different series …. That’s the unfortunate part of this game, you know, sometimes as a team, you don’t get the breaks and you wonder what you have to do. I think that’s where Pittsburgh was a little snake bitten that way, and we were the team that was taking advantage of our breaks.”
Julien was quick to assert that the Bruins played well, though.
He also admitted that having a long layoff to prepare for the Penguins helped, as did the additional rest. If his statement about “external criticism” is any indication, he can relate to Bylsma, even if he’s not currently in that situation.
“Like I said, you know, I don’t even know that there’s criticism about the system there,” Julien said. “I’ve been here for six years. I think I’ve been fired five times. You know, those kinds of things really are not important to me. What’s important is the results.”
And those results are well-earned, even if there’s some luck involved.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)