Jun 8, 2013, 1:53 PM EST
Being ahead 3-1 in a best-of-seven series may sound like you’re in the driver’s seat to finish things off, but the Chicago Blackhawks aren’t taking anything for granted.
“We’re treating it like it’s a Game 7 mentality and you have to win,” Kane says. “That’s the way you have to go about these games. I’m sure the crowd will be rocking. People will be fired up in Chicago. It should be an exciting game.”
Coach Joel Quenneville told reporters something a bit less desperate at the morning skate presser.
“I think it’s an important game for us,” he said. “I think we want to make sure we establish a good start here and try to dictate pace and try to play with the tempo we had in three of the four games.”
“Can’t look any further forward than today’s game where we want to play our best.”
If Chicago plays their best tonight, they’ll be posing with the Clarence Campbell Bowl and shaking hands with Bill Daly at the conclusion of the game.
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 2
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 24
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)