Jun 8, 2013, 1:53 PM EDT
Being ahead 3-1 in a best-of-seven series may sound like you’re in the driver’s seat to finish things off, but the Chicago Blackhawks aren’t taking anything for granted.
“We’re treating it like it’s a Game 7 mentality and you have to win,” Kane says. “That’s the way you have to go about these games. I’m sure the crowd will be rocking. People will be fired up in Chicago. It should be an exciting game.”
Coach Joel Quenneville told reporters something a bit less desperate at the morning skate presser.
“I think it’s an important game for us,” he said. “I think we want to make sure we establish a good start here and try to dictate pace and try to play with the tempo we had in three of the four games.”
“Can’t look any further forward than today’s game where we want to play our best.”
If Chicago plays their best tonight, they’ll be posing with the Clarence Campbell Bowl and shaking hands with Bill Daly at the conclusion of the game.
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 6
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 9
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 34
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)