Jun 8, 2013, 1:53 PM EST
Being ahead 3-1 in a best-of-seven series may sound like you’re in the driver’s seat to finish things off, but the Chicago Blackhawks aren’t taking anything for granted.
“We’re treating it like it’s a Game 7 mentality and you have to win,” Kane says. “That’s the way you have to go about these games. I’m sure the crowd will be rocking. People will be fired up in Chicago. It should be an exciting game.”
Coach Joel Quenneville told reporters something a bit less desperate at the morning skate presser.
“I think it’s an important game for us,” he said. “I think we want to make sure we establish a good start here and try to dictate pace and try to play with the tempo we had in three of the four games.”
“Can’t look any further forward than today’s game where we want to play our best.”
If Chicago plays their best tonight, they’ll be posing with the Clarence Campbell Bowl and shaking hands with Bill Daly at the conclusion of the game.
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 1
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 13
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 15
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 26
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)