Jun 8, 2013, 1:53 PM EST
Being ahead 3-1 in a best-of-seven series may sound like you’re in the driver’s seat to finish things off, but the Chicago Blackhawks aren’t taking anything for granted.
“We’re treating it like it’s a Game 7 mentality and you have to win,” Kane says. “That’s the way you have to go about these games. I’m sure the crowd will be rocking. People will be fired up in Chicago. It should be an exciting game.”
Coach Joel Quenneville told reporters something a bit less desperate at the morning skate presser.
“I think it’s an important game for us,” he said. “I think we want to make sure we establish a good start here and try to dictate pace and try to play with the tempo we had in three of the four games.”
“Can’t look any further forward than today’s game where we want to play our best.”
If Chicago plays their best tonight, they’ll be posing with the Clarence Campbell Bowl and shaking hands with Bill Daly at the conclusion of the game.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (43)