Jun 8, 2013, 5:01 PM EDT
If you blinked at all this past week you would’ve missed the Boston Bruins sweeping the Pittsburgh Penguins out of the Eastern Conference finals.
Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli spoke with reporters today about the team and did a lot of pointing out the obvious about their success. Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com was there to hear what he had to say.
“I don’t have many complaints. From top to bottom, we’ve been rolling,” said Chiarelli. “In all three zones, we’ve been really good. Defending we’ve been good, Tuukka’s [Rask] been terrific, we’re generating a lot of chances, we’re scoring when we have to and we’re shutting down when we have to.
“It’s hard to complain after the last two series. The challenge will be to keep it going in the next series, whoever we play.”
Boston’s won their last two rounds in five and four games respectively. Whether they end up facing Chicago or Los Angeles in the Stanley Cup finals may not matter if they continue to play as dominantly as they have.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 15
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 18
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 69
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 91
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)