Jun 8, 2013, 5:01 PM EDT
If you blinked at all this past week you would’ve missed the Boston Bruins sweeping the Pittsburgh Penguins out of the Eastern Conference finals.
Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli spoke with reporters today about the team and did a lot of pointing out the obvious about their success. Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com was there to hear what he had to say.
“I don’t have many complaints. From top to bottom, we’ve been rolling,” said Chiarelli. “In all three zones, we’ve been really good. Defending we’ve been good, Tuukka’s [Rask] been terrific, we’re generating a lot of chances, we’re scoring when we have to and we’re shutting down when we have to.
“It’s hard to complain after the last two series. The challenge will be to keep it going in the next series, whoever we play.”
Boston’s won their last two rounds in five and four games respectively. Whether they end up facing Chicago or Los Angeles in the Stanley Cup finals may not matter if they continue to play as dominantly as they have.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)