Jun 8, 2013, 5:01 PM EDT
If you blinked at all this past week you would’ve missed the Boston Bruins sweeping the Pittsburgh Penguins out of the Eastern Conference finals.
Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli spoke with reporters today about the team and did a lot of pointing out the obvious about their success. Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com was there to hear what he had to say.
“I don’t have many complaints. From top to bottom, we’ve been rolling,” said Chiarelli. “In all three zones, we’ve been really good. Defending we’ve been good, Tuukka’s [Rask] been terrific, we’re generating a lot of chances, we’re scoring when we have to and we’re shutting down when we have to.
“It’s hard to complain after the last two series. The challenge will be to keep it going in the next series, whoever we play.”
Boston’s won their last two rounds in five and four games respectively. Whether they end up facing Chicago or Los Angeles in the Stanley Cup finals may not matter if they continue to play as dominantly as they have.
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 0
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 37
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (54)