Video: Sidney Crosby shaken up by Daniel Paille hit

Jun 7, 2013, 9:06 PM EDT

The Boston Bruins have frustrated Sidney Crosby through the first three games of the 2013 Eastern Conference finals.

One would assume that part of the plan is to put a body on the Pittsburgh Penguins captain. Daniel Paille left the star a little shaken up after this hit, which some probably believed was interference penalty-worthy:

The good news is that the 25-year-old seems just fine. In fact, he’s arguably been more dangerous in Game 4 on Friday than he’s been for much of this series.

Of course, it could also be because the Bruins decided to match Zdeno Chara against Evgeni Malkin instead …

1. taintedlombardis - Jun 7, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Milbury was crying about it.

• spitfisher - Jun 7, 2013 at 10:26 PM

The article is about Crosby, not Milbury

2. Stiller43 - Jun 7, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Well seeing as milbury hates sid, i’d say that shows ya somethin…

3. pgilbert15303 - Jun 7, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Chara’s hit man…

4. titansbro - Jun 7, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Even McGuire was saying its just 2 guys colliding. No penalty.

5. car97 - Jun 7, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Ok really all you people who say that was Paille hitting Sid the cry Baby Crosby have to watch the video again please because Crosby skated into Paille not Paille into Cry Baby. He is as big a cry baby as the joke owner Mario Lemieux. Just shows the biggest stars need to add the dirtiest players so that they can have the other teams good players knocked out to make these cry babies look better. Mario Lemieux had Ulf Samuelsson and Baby Crosby has classless Matt Cooke. Just saying my two cents.

Paille did not do anything wrong blinders Crosby should have paid attention to where he was enough said,.

• valoisjoeybfeld69 - Jun 8, 2013 at 12:02 AM

You know absolutely nothing. The only point you made that’s clear is you think Crosby is a cry baby. If you watched the play you would have noticed that The B’s forwards were behind Crosby, and the d men were in his sight. At that split second he knows exactly where everybody is on the ice. One of the forwards goes off for a change at the door closest to the red line at which time the door is behind and to the right of Crosby. The replacement player comes off the bench from about the middle of the bench and the puck is to the left of Crosby. Whether or not it was an accidental collision can be argued. However, it has nothing to do with Crosby not knowing where everyone is. Oh! Look! I used Crosby instead of cry baby in my comment. Cry baby! Isn’t that part of the vocabulary for kids in kindergarten?

6. subliminalnoize - Jun 8, 2013 at 1:30 AM

“Crybaby”

I was born in 71′ in Kansas City, MO
    my momma was a heavenly one, so the fam was pretty slow
    when it came to rap and R&B and plenty more
    check it, if it wasn’t on gospel or apostle
    or written in the Bible, then it go
    So when they tell the baby don’t do something then I end up doing it anyway
    like, don’t listen to rap, it’s the evil music of today
    but, I really fell in love with the sound that was coming out form the East Coast
    So we got it and twisted it up a bit, now the industry’s having a heatstroke
    Some say that rap is dead, but when I get the white, black, and red
    and jump on the tour bus through 58 shows, then I’m back with a big black sack of bread
    Can’t believe that that was said, cause Im here with a stack of fed
    and I got it from rap/hip-hop or whatever and I did not have to beg
    So, here I stand, the mic in hand with my rap attire
    and I like my fans spending grands cause we got the fire
    our merchandise, like 5 G’s every half an hour
    and you cry like a baby so your mic must be your pacifier

When I read the magazine, them rapper’s sounding like
    WAH WAH WAH (Crybaby)
    When I see them on the TV, them rapper’s sounding like
    WAH WAH WAH (Whatcha crying bout?)
    [x2]

If it’s negative, I don’t wanna hear it
    eliminating player haters with their evil spirits

I hear em talkin, they mad at Smurf and Souljah Boy
    They hating big in the magazine, and dont even know the boys
    I know the ploy, washed up rappers wanna attack people
    Run up to the car, pull out the mac lethal
    Man thats a problem with the black people now
    What ya need to know is that, in the world theres a lot of dough to stack
    And the ones that wanna hold us back aint been outside they cul-de-sac
    Every nigga I know is strapped, rip shows that’ll blow ya back
    But notice that, I can put it right down to where the shoulders at
    Hating on the south? Why? Trippin off them chips they got
    You don’t like that it’s screwed and chopped
    but you wanna get off in they pot
    Wanna be MC you talk a lot, up in the spot and you hot
    Cause they 84’s be poking out
    What the hell is you cryin bout?
    Everybody wanna be killa but not for reala
    bout the method of making money you gotta get the milla
    by doin it like I do it do the work and believe in it
    when you do it to the fullest aint no problem achieving it
    When I was broke, homie I went for mills
    Got on the mic with the intent to kill
    Stronger than ever, and you a gimp for real
    I drink caribou lou, and you drink enfamil CHUMP

When I read the magazine, them rapper’s sounding like
    WAH WAH WAH (Crybaby)
    When I see them on the TV, them rapper’s sounding like
    WAH WAH WAH (Whatcha crying bout?)
    [x2]

You should be clapping when folk make it up outta the ghetto
    or trailer park, it don’t matter even if he black or if he guero
    but, you don’t know how to be male
    instead of a Timberland, you probably in a stilletto
    better yet in a baby shoe, jealous of maybe you
    sick of me cause I’m making dinero
    and you dont wanna get clapped at
    you want a standing ovation? I thought not!
    you say you better than rappers on radio, man that’s false chop
    try to run up on me, cause a benzo will never be in your car slot
    try to step up on the scene, my infra-red beam’s right at your soft spot
    if you was on TV and balling you wouldn’t grown and trip
    he’d keep hatred, envy, and bloodshed on his lip
    Tech got long cream with chrome things on his whip
    ?? with a chrome thing on his hip
    but just know your hip will not stop the hop
    cause when you look at the big picture, my block pops alot daily
    so keep on thinking my clock stops the shots
    and I can quickly bury you in your Osh Kosh B’Gosh, baby

When I read the magazine, them rapper’s sounding like
    WAH WAH WAH (Crybaby)
    When I see them on the TV, them rapper’s sounding like
    WAH WAH WAH (Whatcha crying bout?)

• cheesesteak75 - Jun 8, 2013 at 8:00 AM

subliminalnoize = Ass Clown

7. blackhawks2010 - Jun 8, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Crosby has no leadership skills, he needs to grow up and become a real NHL player, not a goal scoring pansy.

Top 10 NHL Player Searches