Jun 7, 2013, 12:06 AM EDT
Marian Hossa scored the game-winning goal in Game 4 of the Western Conference final, putting the L.A. Kings, the defending Stanley Cup champions, on the brink of elimination.
Hossa wired home a pass from Michal Handzus, on a shot that appeared to go off the glove of goalie Jonathan Quick and into the top corner. The goal gave the Chicago Blackhawks a 3-2 lead just 1:10 into the third period.
That would be the final score, as the Blackhawks took Game 4 and can now secure a berth in the Stanley Cup final with a win in Game 5 on Saturday.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)