Jun 7, 2013, 12:06 AM EDT
Marian Hossa scored the game-winning goal in Game 4 of the Western Conference final, putting the L.A. Kings, the defending Stanley Cup champions, on the brink of elimination.
Hossa wired home a pass from Michal Handzus, on a shot that appeared to go off the glove of goalie Jonathan Quick and into the top corner. The goal gave the Chicago Blackhawks a 3-2 lead just 1:10 into the third period.
That would be the final score, as the Blackhawks took Game 4 and can now secure a berth in the Stanley Cup final with a win in Game 5 on Saturday.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5