Jun 7, 2013, 12:06 AM EDT
Marian Hossa scored the game-winning goal in Game 4 of the Western Conference final, putting the L.A. Kings, the defending Stanley Cup champions, on the brink of elimination.
Hossa wired home a pass from Michal Handzus, on a shot that appeared to go off the glove of goalie Jonathan Quick and into the top corner. The goal gave the Chicago Blackhawks a 3-2 lead just 1:10 into the third period.
That would be the final score, as the Blackhawks took Game 4 and can now secure a berth in the Stanley Cup final with a win in Game 5 on Saturday.
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 10
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 24
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 3
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 14
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)