Jun 7, 2013, 12:06 AM EST
Marian Hossa scored the game-winning goal in Game 4 of the Western Conference final, putting the L.A. Kings, the defending Stanley Cup champions, on the brink of elimination.
Hossa wired home a pass from Michal Handzus, on a shot that appeared to go off the glove of goalie Jonathan Quick and into the top corner. The goal gave the Chicago Blackhawks a 3-2 lead just 1:10 into the third period.
That would be the final score, as the Blackhawks took Game 4 and can now secure a berth in the Stanley Cup final with a win in Game 5 on Saturday.
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 2
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 7
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)