Jun 7, 2013, 12:06 AM EDT
Marian Hossa scored the game-winning goal in Game 4 of the Western Conference final, putting the L.A. Kings, the defending Stanley Cup champions, on the brink of elimination.
Hossa wired home a pass from Michal Handzus, on a shot that appeared to go off the glove of goalie Jonathan Quick and into the top corner. The goal gave the Chicago Blackhawks a 3-2 lead just 1:10 into the third period.
That would be the final score, as the Blackhawks took Game 4 and can now secure a berth in the Stanley Cup final with a win in Game 5 on Saturday.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 3
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 13
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)