Jun 7, 2013, 7:57 PM EST
It’s unclear if Tyler Kennedy watched the last two games of the 2013 Eastern Conference finals in street clothes because he was injured or because the Pittsburgh Penguins were unhappy with his play, but he’ll be back in Game 4 on Friday.
(For what it’s worth, he’s been listed as a healthy scratch.)
The 26-year-old will replace Joe Vitale, who logged less than 10 minutes of ice time in a Game 3 that went to double overtime.
As expected, the Boston Bruins will insert Kaspars Daugavins in the lineup for injured forward Gregory Campbell. He’ll skate with Rich Peverley and Tyler Seguin while Chris Kelly centers Daniel Paille and Shawn Thornton.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 8
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 82
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (183)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)