Jun 7, 2013, 7:57 PM EDT
It’s unclear if Tyler Kennedy watched the last two games of the 2013 Eastern Conference finals in street clothes because he was injured or because the Pittsburgh Penguins were unhappy with his play, but he’ll be back in Game 4 on Friday.
(For what it’s worth, he’s been listed as a healthy scratch.)
The 26-year-old will replace Joe Vitale, who logged less than 10 minutes of ice time in a Game 3 that went to double overtime.
As expected, the Boston Bruins will insert Kaspars Daugavins in the lineup for injured forward Gregory Campbell. He’ll skate with Rich Peverley and Tyler Seguin while Chris Kelly centers Daniel Paille and Shawn Thornton.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 3
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)