Jun 7, 2013, 3:02 PM EST
Apparently the league did review the play, which didn’t result in a penalty on the ice.
It’s not clear why the league chose to give Penner a pass. That Bolland wasn’t injured was likely a factor. Perhaps the league felt it was a penalty, but not an offense that rose to the level of supplemental discipline. Or, for you cynical types, maybe it was an even-up no-call after Bolland’s hit that hurt Mike Richards in Game 1.
Here’s the play in full:
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 11
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 30
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 58