Jun 7, 2013, 2:18 PM EST
A pair of U.S. Hockey Hall of Famers will be behind the benches for the second annual CCM/USA All-American Prospects Game.
Joe Mullen and Mark Johnson will serve as head coaches for the contest, to be held on Sept. 26 at Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh.
Mullen, currently an assistant coach with the Philadelphia Flyers, became the first-ever American player to record 500 career goals and 1,000 career points in a 17-year career with the Penguins, Blues, Flames and Bruins.
He’s a three-time Stanley Cup champion — two of which came in Pittsburgh — and was inducted into the USHHOF in 2000.
Johnson, currently the head coach of the University of Wisconsin-Madison women’s ice hockey team, was the leading scorer on the 1980 “Miracle on Ice” team before embarking on an 11-year NHL career.
He was inducted into the USHHOF in 2004.
The All-American prospect game featured 40 of the top U.S.-born prospects eligible for the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.
Last year’s tournament, the first of its kind, was held in Buffalo and featured a number of players that will be selected in this June’s 2013 NHL Entry Draft — Seth Jones, Ryan Hartman (RW, Plymouth), Adam Erne (LW, Quebec), J.T. Compher (LW, USA U-18), Michael Downing (D, Dubuque) and Ian McCoshen (D, Waterloo).
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 1
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 15
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 9
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)