Jun 7, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
A pair of U.S. Hockey Hall of Famers will be behind the benches for the second annual CCM/USA All-American Prospects Game.
Joe Mullen and Mark Johnson will serve as head coaches for the contest, to be held on Sept. 26 at Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh.
Mullen, currently an assistant coach with the Philadelphia Flyers, became the first-ever American player to record 500 career goals and 1,000 career points in a 17-year career with the Penguins, Blues, Flames and Bruins.
He’s a three-time Stanley Cup champion — two of which came in Pittsburgh — and was inducted into the USHHOF in 2000.
Johnson, currently the head coach of the University of Wisconsin-Madison women’s ice hockey team, was the leading scorer on the 1980 “Miracle on Ice” team before embarking on an 11-year NHL career.
He was inducted into the USHHOF in 2004.
The All-American prospect game featured 40 of the top U.S.-born prospects eligible for the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.
Last year’s tournament, the first of its kind, was held in Buffalo and featured a number of players that will be selected in this June’s 2013 NHL Entry Draft — Seth Jones, Ryan Hartman (RW, Plymouth), Adam Erne (LW, Quebec), J.T. Compher (LW, USA U-18), Michael Downing (D, Dubuque) and Ian McCoshen (D, Waterloo).
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)