Jun 7, 2013, 2:18 PM EST
A pair of U.S. Hockey Hall of Famers will be behind the benches for the second annual CCM/USA All-American Prospects Game.
Joe Mullen and Mark Johnson will serve as head coaches for the contest, to be held on Sept. 26 at Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh.
Mullen, currently an assistant coach with the Philadelphia Flyers, became the first-ever American player to record 500 career goals and 1,000 career points in a 17-year career with the Penguins, Blues, Flames and Bruins.
He’s a three-time Stanley Cup champion — two of which came in Pittsburgh — and was inducted into the USHHOF in 2000.
Johnson, currently the head coach of the University of Wisconsin-Madison women’s ice hockey team, was the leading scorer on the 1980 “Miracle on Ice” team before embarking on an 11-year NHL career.
He was inducted into the USHHOF in 2004.
The All-American prospect game featured 40 of the top U.S.-born prospects eligible for the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.
Last year’s tournament, the first of its kind, was held in Buffalo and featured a number of players that will be selected in this June’s 2013 NHL Entry Draft — Seth Jones, Ryan Hartman (RW, Plymouth), Adam Erne (LW, Quebec), J.T. Compher (LW, USA U-18), Michael Downing (D, Dubuque) and Ian McCoshen (D, Waterloo).
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 10
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 26
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 78
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)