Jun 7, 2013, 2:18 PM EST
A pair of U.S. Hockey Hall of Famers will be behind the benches for the second annual CCM/USA All-American Prospects Game.
Joe Mullen and Mark Johnson will serve as head coaches for the contest, to be held on Sept. 26 at Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh.
Mullen, currently an assistant coach with the Philadelphia Flyers, became the first-ever American player to record 500 career goals and 1,000 career points in a 17-year career with the Penguins, Blues, Flames and Bruins.
He’s a three-time Stanley Cup champion — two of which came in Pittsburgh — and was inducted into the USHHOF in 2000.
Johnson, currently the head coach of the University of Wisconsin-Madison women’s ice hockey team, was the leading scorer on the 1980 “Miracle on Ice” team before embarking on an 11-year NHL career.
He was inducted into the USHHOF in 2004.
The All-American prospect game featured 40 of the top U.S.-born prospects eligible for the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.
Last year’s tournament, the first of its kind, was held in Buffalo and featured a number of players that will be selected in this June’s 2013 NHL Entry Draft — Seth Jones, Ryan Hartman (RW, Plymouth), Adam Erne (LW, Quebec), J.T. Compher (LW, USA U-18), Michael Downing (D, Dubuque) and Ian McCoshen (D, Waterloo).
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 1
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 16
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)