Jun 7, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
A pair of U.S. Hockey Hall of Famers will be behind the benches for the second annual CCM/USA All-American Prospects Game.
Joe Mullen and Mark Johnson will serve as head coaches for the contest, to be held on Sept. 26 at Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh.
Mullen, currently an assistant coach with the Philadelphia Flyers, became the first-ever American player to record 500 career goals and 1,000 career points in a 17-year career with the Penguins, Blues, Flames and Bruins.
He’s a three-time Stanley Cup champion — two of which came in Pittsburgh — and was inducted into the USHHOF in 2000.
Johnson, currently the head coach of the University of Wisconsin-Madison women’s ice hockey team, was the leading scorer on the 1980 “Miracle on Ice” team before embarking on an 11-year NHL career.
He was inducted into the USHHOF in 2004.
The All-American prospect game featured 40 of the top U.S.-born prospects eligible for the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.
Last year’s tournament, the first of its kind, was held in Buffalo and featured a number of players that will be selected in this June’s 2013 NHL Entry Draft — Seth Jones, Ryan Hartman (RW, Plymouth), Adam Erne (LW, Quebec), J.T. Compher (LW, USA U-18), Michael Downing (D, Dubuque) and Ian McCoshen (D, Waterloo).
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 18
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 27
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)