Jun 7, 2013, 12:29 AM EDT
Evander Kane apparently doesn’t like watching playoff hockey, and there’s a very specific reason as to why.
He let his feelings on the subject be known with four tweets that were sent out into the social media world, while the Chicago Blackhawks and L.A. Kings were battling it out during the third period of Game 4 of the Western Conference final.
Oh yeah, the Blackhawks won and now lead the best-of-seven series 3-1.
“I’m sick of sitting here at this time of the year not having a chance to win, not scoring goals, not winning games and not winning rounds,” Kane said on his Twitter account Thursday evening.
“It really pisses me off and I’m done with these kind of results. It’s time to start winning and it’s starting now.”
The Jets, in just their second NHL season back in Winnipeg, missed out on the last playoff spot in the Eastern Conference by four points.
In four NHL seasons, Kane has never played a Stanley Cup playoff game.
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 5
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 32
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)