Jun 7, 2013, 12:18 PM EST
Remember the lockout? Yeah, that was fun. Here’s what it produced:
For future reference, you can read all 500-plus pages of the CBA here.
Once inside, you’ll find exciting sections like, “Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception Conditioning Loan” and “Variability Rules for Multi-Year SPCs.”
And of course, always a crowd favorite, the Preamble:
This Collective Bargaining Agreement, together with all Exhibits hereto (“CBA” or “Agreement”), which is the product of bona fide, arm’s length collective bargaining, is entered into the 15th day of February, 2013, by and between the National Hockey League, a joint venture organized as a not-for-profit unincorporated association (“NHL” or “League”), which is recognized as the sole and exclusive bargaining representative of the present and future Clubs of the NHL, and the National Hockey League Players’ Association (“NHLPA” or “Association”), which is recognized as the sole and exclusive bargaining representative of present and future Players in the NHL. The NHL and the NHLPA hereafter shall be referred to collectively as “the parties”. This CBA supersedes and replaces all prior collective bargaining agreements between the parties.
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 6
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 38
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 45