Jun 7, 2013, 12:18 PM EST
Remember the lockout? Yeah, that was fun. Here’s what it produced:
For future reference, you can read all 500-plus pages of the CBA here.
Once inside, you’ll find exciting sections like, “Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception Conditioning Loan” and “Variability Rules for Multi-Year SPCs.”
And of course, always a crowd favorite, the Preamble:
This Collective Bargaining Agreement, together with all Exhibits hereto (“CBA” or “Agreement”), which is the product of bona fide, arm’s length collective bargaining, is entered into the 15th day of February, 2013, by and between the National Hockey League, a joint venture organized as a not-for-profit unincorporated association (“NHL” or “League”), which is recognized as the sole and exclusive bargaining representative of the present and future Clubs of the NHL, and the National Hockey League Players’ Association (“NHLPA” or “Association”), which is recognized as the sole and exclusive bargaining representative of present and future Players in the NHL. The NHL and the NHLPA hereafter shall be referred to collectively as “the parties”. This CBA supersedes and replaces all prior collective bargaining agreements between the parties.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54