Jun 7, 2013, 12:18 PM EDT
Remember the lockout? Yeah, that was fun. Here’s what it produced:
For future reference, you can read all 500-plus pages of the CBA here.
Once inside, you’ll find exciting sections like, “Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception Conditioning Loan” and “Variability Rules for Multi-Year SPCs.”
And of course, always a crowd favorite, the Preamble:
This Collective Bargaining Agreement, together with all Exhibits hereto (“CBA” or “Agreement”), which is the product of bona fide, arm’s length collective bargaining, is entered into the 15th day of February, 2013, by and between the National Hockey League, a joint venture organized as a not-for-profit unincorporated association (“NHL” or “League”), which is recognized as the sole and exclusive bargaining representative of the present and future Clubs of the NHL, and the National Hockey League Players’ Association (“NHLPA” or “Association”), which is recognized as the sole and exclusive bargaining representative of present and future Players in the NHL. The NHL and the NHLPA hereafter shall be referred to collectively as “the parties”. This CBA supersedes and replaces all prior collective bargaining agreements between the parties.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21