Jun 7, 2013, 12:18 PM EDT
Remember the lockout? Yeah, that was fun. Here’s what it produced:
For future reference, you can read all 500-plus pages of the CBA here.
Once inside, you’ll find exciting sections like, “Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception Conditioning Loan” and “Variability Rules for Multi-Year SPCs.”
And of course, always a crowd favorite, the Preamble:
This Collective Bargaining Agreement, together with all Exhibits hereto (“CBA” or “Agreement”), which is the product of bona fide, arm’s length collective bargaining, is entered into the 15th day of February, 2013, by and between the National Hockey League, a joint venture organized as a not-for-profit unincorporated association (“NHL” or “League”), which is recognized as the sole and exclusive bargaining representative of the present and future Clubs of the NHL, and the National Hockey League Players’ Association (“NHLPA” or “Association”), which is recognized as the sole and exclusive bargaining representative of present and future Players in the NHL. The NHL and the NHLPA hereafter shall be referred to collectively as “the parties”. This CBA supersedes and replaces all prior collective bargaining agreements between the parties.
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 24
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 80
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 8
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 11
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 62
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36