Jun 7, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
Boston head coach Claude Julien has figured out how to replace Gregory Campbell in the lineup for Friday’s Game 4 against the Penguins.
Based on the morning skate, the 25-year-old Latvian will play on a line with center Rich Peverley and winger Tyler Seguin, while Chris Kelly skated in Campbell’s place on the “Merlot Line” between Shawn Thornton and Daniel Paille.
Daugavins’ insertion is a story, but it’ll be more interesting to see how Boston’s fourth line reacts to the loss of Campbell.
The 29-year-old was in the midst of an excellent playoff, scoring 3G-4A-7PTS in 15 games, sitting third among all forwards in hits (35) while winning over 50 percent of his draws.
The line had combined for 16 points this postseason and had developed some serious chemistry over the last three seasons, allowing head coach Claude Julien to confidently roll all four lines throughout the game.
Which is probably why Julien decided to drop Kelly — a more natural center — down to the Merlot Line, rather than drop Daugavins down (he’s a left winger).
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)