Jun 7, 2013, 5:30 AM EST
No Duncan Keith. No problem.
The Chicago Blackhawks defeated the L.A. Kings 3-2 Thursday night, taking a 3-1 series lead in the best-of-seven Western Conference final, with defenseman Michal Rozsival making a key contribution and logging some heavy minutes.
Consider this: he hadn’t played more than 16 minutes in a game this series, until Thursday.
In Game 4, he didn’t register a point, had only one shot on goal and had an even rating. But the Blackhawks got the win, pushing the defending Stanley Cup champs to the brink of elimination.
“Any time you get over 20 minutes, you know you played more than 20 minutes,” Rozsival told NHL.com after the win.
“I was feeling tired, obviously, because I wasn’t used to playing that much, but the excitement of the game and everything that surrounds it gives you an extra energy boost, definitely.
“I never feel tired after a win. After a loss I feel tired. I don’t care how much I play; if we win I feel great.”
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 12
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 85
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (86)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)