Jun 7, 2013, 1:55 AM EST
Kane chipped a loose puck to the back of the net late in the third period to tie Thursday’s Game 4 between the Blackhawks and L.A. Kings, before Marian Hossa scored the winner early in the third period.
Suddenly, the Blackhawks can now make it back to the final for the first time since 2010, when they won the Stanley Cup, and they have three chances now to close out the Kings.
“It was huge, especially the way they’re playing at home. I think they won 15 in a row here at the Staples Center,” Blackhawks’ forward Patrick Kane told reporters afterward.
“It was nice to come in and steal one for sure. We put ourselves in a good spot. By no means do we feel the series is over. You know they’re going to come out with their best game in Game 5. We have a great opportunity to close it out at home. It’s a huge opportunity for us.”
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)