Jun 7, 2013, 1:55 AM EDT
Kane chipped a loose puck to the back of the net late in the third period to tie Thursday’s Game 4 between the Blackhawks and L.A. Kings, before Marian Hossa scored the winner early in the third period.
Suddenly, the Blackhawks can now make it back to the final for the first time since 2010, when they won the Stanley Cup, and they have three chances now to close out the Kings.
“It was huge, especially the way they’re playing at home. I think they won 15 in a row here at the Staples Center,” Blackhawks’ forward Patrick Kane told reporters afterward.
“It was nice to come in and steal one for sure. We put ourselves in a good spot. By no means do we feel the series is over. You know they’re going to come out with their best game in Game 5. We have a great opportunity to close it out at home. It’s a huge opportunity for us.”
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (148)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (100)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)