Jun 7, 2013, 1:55 AM EDT
Kane chipped a loose puck to the back of the net late in the third period to tie Thursday’s Game 4 between the Blackhawks and L.A. Kings, before Marian Hossa scored the winner early in the third period.
Suddenly, the Blackhawks can now make it back to the final for the first time since 2010, when they won the Stanley Cup, and they have three chances now to close out the Kings.
“It was huge, especially the way they’re playing at home. I think they won 15 in a row here at the Staples Center,” Blackhawks’ forward Patrick Kane told reporters afterward.
“It was nice to come in and steal one for sure. We put ourselves in a good spot. By no means do we feel the series is over. You know they’re going to come out with their best game in Game 5. We have a great opportunity to close it out at home. It’s a huge opportunity for us.”
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)