Jun 7, 2013, 1:55 AM EDT
Kane chipped a loose puck to the back of the net late in the third period to tie Thursday’s Game 4 between the Blackhawks and L.A. Kings, before Marian Hossa scored the winner early in the third period.
Suddenly, the Blackhawks can now make it back to the final for the first time since 2010, when they won the Stanley Cup, and they have three chances now to close out the Kings.
“It was huge, especially the way they’re playing at home. I think they won 15 in a row here at the Staples Center,” Blackhawks’ forward Patrick Kane told reporters afterward.
“It was nice to come in and steal one for sure. We put ourselves in a good spot. By no means do we feel the series is over. You know they’re going to come out with their best game in Game 5. We have a great opportunity to close it out at home. It’s a huge opportunity for us.”
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 1
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 100
- Howard won’t demand trade out of Detroit 19
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (101)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)