Jun 6, 2013, 10:32 PM EST
It’s an image that won’t be soon forgotten – Boston Bruins’ forward Gregory Campbell writhing in pain.
But he stayed on the ice, albeit he obviously wasn’t, and couldn’t be, very mobile, to continue the penalty kill. He then struggled to the bench.
It’s the latest example of the type of pain players will play through during the playoffs, simply to help their teammates lift the Stanley Cup when it’s all over, and Mike Milbury and Keith Jones discuss a few others.
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 12
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 28
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 6
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 20
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 52
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 52
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 58
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 16
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)