Jun 6, 2013, 10:32 PM EDT
It’s an image that won’t be soon forgotten – Boston Bruins’ forward Gregory Campbell writhing in pain.
But he stayed on the ice, albeit he obviously wasn’t, and couldn’t be, very mobile, to continue the penalty kill. He then struggled to the bench.
It’s the latest example of the type of pain players will play through during the playoffs, simply to help their teammates lift the Stanley Cup when it’s all over, and Mike Milbury and Keith Jones discuss a few others.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63