Jun 6, 2013, 9:54 PM EDT
He didn’t break his stick this time, but the result was ultimately the same.
Voynov scored in Game 3 two nights ago, breaking his stick on the shot.
With the goal Thursday, Voynov takes over the team-lead in points these playoffs with 12. His sixth goal of the playoffs also ties his total in 48 games during the regular season.
The goal occurred just after Blackhawks’ captain Jonathan Toews was denied on a breakaway attempt at the other end.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 18
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 16
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)