Jun 6, 2013, 10:06 PM EST
Bryan Bickell continues to score his way towards a hefty raise this summer.
The Chicago Blackhawks’ forward scored his eighth goal of these playoffs on a long wrist shot that handcuffed L.A. Kings’ goalie Jonathan Quick in the first period of Game 4 of the Western Conference final Thursday night.
More importantly, it tied the score at 1-1.
Bickell, slated for unrestricted free agency this summer, scored nine goals in 48 games during the regular season. He is now tied with teammate Patrick Sharp for second in the league in goals during this post-season. He also has three goals in his last three games.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 9
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 6
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 34
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11