Jun 6, 2013, 10:06 PM EDT
Bryan Bickell continues to score his way towards a hefty raise this summer.
The Chicago Blackhawks’ forward scored his eighth goal of these playoffs on a long wrist shot that handcuffed L.A. Kings’ goalie Jonathan Quick in the first period of Game 4 of the Western Conference final Thursday night.
More importantly, it tied the score at 1-1.
Bickell, slated for unrestricted free agency this summer, scored nine goals in 48 games during the regular season. He is now tied with teammate Patrick Sharp for second in the league in goals during this post-season. He also has three goals in his last three games.
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 4
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 14
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28