Jun 6, 2013, 10:06 PM EDT
Bryan Bickell continues to score his way towards a hefty raise this summer.
The Chicago Blackhawks’ forward scored his eighth goal of these playoffs on a long wrist shot that handcuffed L.A. Kings’ goalie Jonathan Quick in the first period of Game 4 of the Western Conference final Thursday night.
More importantly, it tied the score at 1-1.
Bickell, slated for unrestricted free agency this summer, scored nine goals in 48 games during the regular season. He is now tied with teammate Patrick Sharp for second in the league in goals during this post-season. He also has three goals in his last three games.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (67)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)