Jun 6, 2013, 10:06 PM EST
Bryan Bickell continues to score his way towards a hefty raise this summer.
The Chicago Blackhawks’ forward scored his eighth goal of these playoffs on a long wrist shot that handcuffed L.A. Kings’ goalie Jonathan Quick in the first period of Game 4 of the Western Conference final Thursday night.
More importantly, it tied the score at 1-1.
Bickell, slated for unrestricted free agency this summer, scored nine goals in 48 games during the regular season. He is now tied with teammate Patrick Sharp for second in the league in goals during this post-season. He also has three goals in his last three games.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)