Jun 6, 2013, 3:13 AM EDT
It’s quite possible that Boston Bruins forward Gregory Campbell fought through a broken leg on this memorable shift from Game 3:
That’s the word from ESPN Boston’s Joe MacDonald. He reports that a source within the Bruins organization told him that he suffered that injury, and logically enough, his season will be over.
“For what he went through, he showed a lot of guts to stay out there and to still try and play,” head coach Claude Julien said. “Obviously it was a pretty serious injury, so that’s just the kind of player he is, and it doesn’t surprise me, it doesn’t surprise his teammates, but certainly it shows the character of that player, and that’s why we appreciate having him on our team.”
Amazing stuff by the 29-year-old forward, who isn’t likely to hear many jokes about his father Colin Campbell any longer.
(H/T to Puck Daddy.)
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 92
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 48
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63