Jun 6, 2013, 5:24 PM EST
The New Jersey Devils and forward Andrei Loktionov have reportedly agreed on a new contract.
“He’s not going to Russia,” Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello told the Star-Ledger’s Rich Chere. “He’s staying in New Jersey.”
Loktionov was a pending restricted free agent that apparently had an opportunity to go play in the KHL.
The 23-year-old was acquired by New Jersey from Los Angeles in February.
In 28 games for the Devils, Loktionov had eight goals and four assists while averaging 14:15 of ice time.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 0
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 10
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 3
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 28