Jun 6, 2013, 5:24 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils and forward Andrei Loktionov have reportedly agreed on a new contract.
“He’s not going to Russia,” Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello told the Star-Ledger’s Rich Chere. “He’s staying in New Jersey.”
Loktionov was a pending restricted free agent that apparently had an opportunity to go play in the KHL.
The 23-year-old was acquired by New Jersey from Los Angeles in February.
In 28 games for the Devils, Loktionov had eight goals and four assists while averaging 14:15 of ice time.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)