Jun 6, 2013, 5:24 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils and forward Andrei Loktionov have reportedly agreed on a new contract.
“He’s not going to Russia,” Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello told the Star-Ledger’s Rich Chere. “He’s staying in New Jersey.”
Loktionov was a pending restricted free agent that apparently had an opportunity to go play in the KHL.
The 23-year-old was acquired by New Jersey from Los Angeles in February.
In 28 games for the Devils, Loktionov had eight goals and four assists while averaging 14:15 of ice time.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35