Jun 6, 2013, 3:01 PM EST
The Calgary Flames are preparing for life after Miikka Kiprusoff.
Ramo, 26, was a Tampa Bay draftee in 2004 and appeared in 48 contests with the Bolts from 2007-09.
He signed with Omsk following the ’08-09 season and flourished into one of the KHL’s best netminders, earning multiple All-Star game nominations while posting goals-against averages of 2.11, 1.97. 1.96 and 2.00.
TrueHockey.com’s Andy Strickland reports Ramo’s deal will be of the multi-year variety.
If correct, it means that — assuming the 37-year-old Kiprusoff retires as expected — Ramo will be in a competition with Joey MacDonald, Finnish prospect Joni Ortio, WHL Edmonton’s Laurent Brossiot and Swiss star Reto Berra for minutes in the Calgary goal next season.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 92
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 92
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 103
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (123)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (104)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (100)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (94)