Jun 6, 2013, 12:22 AM EST
The Boston Bruins didn’t cruise to a 3-o series lead by any means on Wednesday, but the end result was similar: heartache for the Pittsburgh Penguins. The B’s took advantage of some nice plays by Jaromir Jagr and Brad Marchand to set up Patrice Bergeron‘s 2-1 goal in double overtime.
Let’s discuss the game.
- Tomas Vokoun was excellent, but he still lost. Should the Penguins stick with him as they face a possible sweep in Game 4 on Friday?
- Speaking of strong goaltending, Tuukka Rask was nothing short of incredible, stopping 54 shots. He’s only allowed two goals in three games (and almost 11 periods) of hockey against the NHL’s top-scoring team. Can the Bruins even afford him at this point? (At least he’s a restricted free agent instead of an unrestricted one.)
- Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin remain pointless in this series, but both made impacts at times. Are they goats to you regardless?
- On the subject of whipping boys, Kris Letang had a much better night. Which of the Penguins’ big three showed the most improvement?
- David Krejci continues to strengthen his scoring lead. Where does he rank among NHL forwards in your mind now?
- Jaromir Jagr seemed to keep getting stronger in the contest. Does he have what it takes to keep playing beyond this season?
- Which Bruins deserve more credit than they’re receiving? To some extent, the top stories are still about the Penguins’ shortcomings.
- Do you give Pittsburgh any chance to come back?
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 1
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 7
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 19
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 38
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)