Jun 6, 2013, 12:22 AM EDT
The Boston Bruins didn’t cruise to a 3-o series lead by any means on Wednesday, but the end result was similar: heartache for the Pittsburgh Penguins. The B’s took advantage of some nice plays by Jaromir Jagr and Brad Marchand to set up Patrice Bergeron‘s 2-1 goal in double overtime.
Let’s discuss the game.
- Tomas Vokoun was excellent, but he still lost. Should the Penguins stick with him as they face a possible sweep in Game 4 on Friday?
- Speaking of strong goaltending, Tuukka Rask was nothing short of incredible, stopping 54 shots. He’s only allowed two goals in three games (and almost 11 periods) of hockey against the NHL’s top-scoring team. Can the Bruins even afford him at this point? (At least he’s a restricted free agent instead of an unrestricted one.)
- Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin remain pointless in this series, but both made impacts at times. Are they goats to you regardless?
- On the subject of whipping boys, Kris Letang had a much better night. Which of the Penguins’ big three showed the most improvement?
- David Krejci continues to strengthen his scoring lead. Where does he rank among NHL forwards in your mind now?
- Jaromir Jagr seemed to keep getting stronger in the contest. Does he have what it takes to keep playing beyond this season?
- Which Bruins deserve more credit than they’re receiving? To some extent, the top stories are still about the Penguins’ shortcomings.
- Do you give Pittsburgh any chance to come back?
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 8
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 13
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)