Jun 6, 2013, 12:22 AM EDT
The Boston Bruins didn’t cruise to a 3-o series lead by any means on Wednesday, but the end result was similar: heartache for the Pittsburgh Penguins. The B’s took advantage of some nice plays by Jaromir Jagr and Brad Marchand to set up Patrice Bergeron‘s 2-1 goal in double overtime.
Let’s discuss the game.
- Tomas Vokoun was excellent, but he still lost. Should the Penguins stick with him as they face a possible sweep in Game 4 on Friday?
- Speaking of strong goaltending, Tuukka Rask was nothing short of incredible, stopping 54 shots. He’s only allowed two goals in three games (and almost 11 periods) of hockey against the NHL’s top-scoring team. Can the Bruins even afford him at this point? (At least he’s a restricted free agent instead of an unrestricted one.)
- Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin remain pointless in this series, but both made impacts at times. Are they goats to you regardless?
- On the subject of whipping boys, Kris Letang had a much better night. Which of the Penguins’ big three showed the most improvement?
- David Krejci continues to strengthen his scoring lead. Where does he rank among NHL forwards in your mind now?
- Jaromir Jagr seemed to keep getting stronger in the contest. Does he have what it takes to keep playing beyond this season?
- Which Bruins deserve more credit than they’re receiving? To some extent, the top stories are still about the Penguins’ shortcomings.
- Do you give Pittsburgh any chance to come back?
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 10
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 4
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17