Jun 6, 2013, 12:22 AM EDT
The Boston Bruins didn’t cruise to a 3-o series lead by any means on Wednesday, but the end result was similar: heartache for the Pittsburgh Penguins. The B’s took advantage of some nice plays by Jaromir Jagr and Brad Marchand to set up Patrice Bergeron‘s 2-1 goal in double overtime.
Let’s discuss the game.
- Tomas Vokoun was excellent, but he still lost. Should the Penguins stick with him as they face a possible sweep in Game 4 on Friday?
- Speaking of strong goaltending, Tuukka Rask was nothing short of incredible, stopping 54 shots. He’s only allowed two goals in three games (and almost 11 periods) of hockey against the NHL’s top-scoring team. Can the Bruins even afford him at this point? (At least he’s a restricted free agent instead of an unrestricted one.)
- Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin remain pointless in this series, but both made impacts at times. Are they goats to you regardless?
- On the subject of whipping boys, Kris Letang had a much better night. Which of the Penguins’ big three showed the most improvement?
- David Krejci continues to strengthen his scoring lead. Where does he rank among NHL forwards in your mind now?
- Jaromir Jagr seemed to keep getting stronger in the contest. Does he have what it takes to keep playing beyond this season?
- Which Bruins deserve more credit than they’re receiving? To some extent, the top stories are still about the Penguins’ shortcomings.
- Do you give Pittsburgh any chance to come back?
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)