Jun 6, 2013, 11:40 PM EST
The defending Stanley Cup champions are in real danger of not making it back to the final.
The L.A. Kings lost Game 4 of the Western Conference final to the Chicago Blackhawks by a final score of 3-2, and now trail in the best-of-seven series 3-1.
They now face elimination, and must beat the 2013 Presidents’ Trophy winners three straight times to win this series.
- Bryan Bickell just continues to put the puck in the net. He fluttered a wrist shot past Jonathan Quick in the first period for his eighth goal of these playoffs. Oh yeah, he’s eligible for unrestricted free agency this summer. In line for a big raise.
- Patrick Kane scored his first goal of this series, and the timing couldn’t have been better. Kane’s goal at 18:21 of the second period got the Blackhawks even with the Kings at two-goals apiece.
- Marian Hossa scored the winner at 1:10 of the third period.
- Only twice in these playoffs have the Kings scored four goals in a game. Perhaps they just don’t have the fire power to win this series.
- Worst of all, the Kings had just one shot on goal through more than 18 minutes of the third period. Goals can be especially hard to come by if you don’t get shots on net.
- Corey Crawford made a poke check save off Justin Williams, who had a clean breakaway on the Blackhawks goalie early in the second period. The save came just after the Kings took a one-goal lead, and kept Chicago close, allowing Kane to score the equalizer.
- The Kings had won eight straight on home ice in these playoffs, prior to tonight. That streak is over.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 29
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)