Jun 6, 2013, 11:40 PM EDT
The defending Stanley Cup champions are in real danger of not making it back to the final.
The L.A. Kings lost Game 4 of the Western Conference final to the Chicago Blackhawks by a final score of 3-2, and now trail in the best-of-seven series 3-1.
They now face elimination, and must beat the 2013 Presidents’ Trophy winners three straight times to win this series.
- Bryan Bickell just continues to put the puck in the net. He fluttered a wrist shot past Jonathan Quick in the first period for his eighth goal of these playoffs. Oh yeah, he’s eligible for unrestricted free agency this summer. In line for a big raise.
- Patrick Kane scored his first goal of this series, and the timing couldn’t have been better. Kane’s goal at 18:21 of the second period got the Blackhawks even with the Kings at two-goals apiece.
- Marian Hossa scored the winner at 1:10 of the third period.
- Only twice in these playoffs have the Kings scored four goals in a game. Perhaps they just don’t have the fire power to win this series.
- Worst of all, the Kings had just one shot on goal through more than 18 minutes of the third period. Goals can be especially hard to come by if you don’t get shots on net.
- Corey Crawford made a poke check save off Justin Williams, who had a clean breakaway on the Blackhawks goalie early in the second period. The save came just after the Kings took a one-goal lead, and kept Chicago close, allowing Kane to score the equalizer.
- The Kings had won eight straight on home ice in these playoffs, prior to tonight. That streak is over.
- Report: No suspension for Lucic spear of DeKeyser 16
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 112
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 54
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17