Jun 6, 2013, 6:19 PM EDT
After the lockout wiped out the 2012 edition, the Vancouver Canucks Young Stars Classic will return in 2013.
That was the word out of Vancouver on Thursday as president and GM Mike Gillis announced the club’s annual prospects tourney would return to Pentiction, British Columbia for a third time.
“We’re pleased to host the Young Stars Classic in Penticton once again,” Gillis said in a statement. “Our fans, partners and the city of Penticton have made Young Stars a tremendous event over the past two tournaments and we look forward to continuing the tradition this year.”
Five teams — Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, San Jose and Winnipeg — will participate in the tourney, which began in 2010 and has seen a number of future NHLers suit up: Jordan Eberle, Taylor Hall, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Cam Fowler, Mikael Backlund, Chris Tanev, Zach Redmond, Aaron Volpatti and Magnus Paajarvi, to name a few.
The ’13 tournament will go from Sept. 5-9.
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes errant knee to head 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 2
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 30
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 53
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 82
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (82)