Jun 6, 2013, 6:19 PM EST
After the lockout wiped out the 2012 edition, the Vancouver Canucks Young Stars Classic will return in 2013.
That was the word out of Vancouver on Thursday as president and GM Mike Gillis announced the club’s annual prospects tourney would return to Pentiction, British Columbia for a third time.
“We’re pleased to host the Young Stars Classic in Penticton once again,” Gillis said in a statement. “Our fans, partners and the city of Penticton have made Young Stars a tremendous event over the past two tournaments and we look forward to continuing the tradition this year.”
Five teams — Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, San Jose and Winnipeg — will participate in the tourney, which began in 2010 and has seen a number of future NHLers suit up: Jordan Eberle, Taylor Hall, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Cam Fowler, Mikael Backlund, Chris Tanev, Zach Redmond, Aaron Volpatti and Magnus Paajarvi, to name a few.
The ’13 tournament will go from Sept. 5-9.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)