Jun 6, 2013, 6:19 PM EDT
After the lockout wiped out the 2012 edition, the Vancouver Canucks Young Stars Classic will return in 2013.
That was the word out of Vancouver on Thursday as president and GM Mike Gillis announced the club’s annual prospects tourney would return to Pentiction, British Columbia for a third time.
“We’re pleased to host the Young Stars Classic in Penticton once again,” Gillis said in a statement. “Our fans, partners and the city of Penticton have made Young Stars a tremendous event over the past two tournaments and we look forward to continuing the tradition this year.”
Five teams — Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, San Jose and Winnipeg — will participate in the tourney, which began in 2010 and has seen a number of future NHLers suit up: Jordan Eberle, Taylor Hall, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Cam Fowler, Mikael Backlund, Chris Tanev, Zach Redmond, Aaron Volpatti and Magnus Paajarvi, to name a few.
The ’13 tournament will go from Sept. 5-9.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)