Jun 6, 2013, 2:38 PM EDT
Brookbank has yet to play in the postseason. His last game action came on April 27 in a regular-season contest versus the Blues.
No problem, says Chicago d-man Michal Rozsival.
“I don’t worry about him not being ready,” said Rozsival, per the Sun-Times. “If he’s in, we’ll be fine with him in the lineup.”
The ‘Hawks will also need a strong game from Nick Leddy, who like Keith is a strong skater who shoots left. In fact, according to NHL.com, Leddy could jump from the third pairing to take Keith’s spot beside Seabrook.
Whatever the Blackhawks do with their defensive duos, it won’t be easy to replace Keith.
“He eats up a lot of ice,” said forward Patrick Kane. “He’s a guy that’s in great shape. He never gets tired out there. He’s tireless. Especially on the back end with a guy that can move the puck like that, plays in all situations — power play, penalty kill — it’s a huge part of this team.”
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 25
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40