Jun 6, 2013, 2:38 PM EDT
Brookbank has yet to play in the postseason. His last game action came on April 27 in a regular-season contest versus the Blues.
No problem, says Chicago d-man Michal Rozsival.
“I don’t worry about him not being ready,” said Rozsival, per the Sun-Times. “If he’s in, we’ll be fine with him in the lineup.”
The ‘Hawks will also need a strong game from Nick Leddy, who like Keith is a strong skater who shoots left. In fact, according to NHL.com, Leddy could jump from the third pairing to take Keith’s spot beside Seabrook.
Whatever the Blackhawks do with their defensive duos, it won’t be easy to replace Keith.
“He eats up a lot of ice,” said forward Patrick Kane. “He’s a guy that’s in great shape. He never gets tired out there. He’s tireless. Especially on the back end with a guy that can move the puck like that, plays in all situations — power play, penalty kill — it’s a huge part of this team.”
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5