Jun 6, 2013, 2:38 PM EST
Brookbank has yet to play in the postseason. His last game action came on April 27 in a regular-season contest versus the Blues.
No problem, says Chicago d-man Michal Rozsival.
“I don’t worry about him not being ready,” said Rozsival, per the Sun-Times. “If he’s in, we’ll be fine with him in the lineup.”
The ‘Hawks will also need a strong game from Nick Leddy, who like Keith is a strong skater who shoots left. In fact, according to NHL.com, Leddy could jump from the third pairing to take Keith’s spot beside Seabrook.
Whatever the Blackhawks do with their defensive duos, it won’t be easy to replace Keith.
“He eats up a lot of ice,” said forward Patrick Kane. “He’s a guy that’s in great shape. He never gets tired out there. He’s tireless. Especially on the back end with a guy that can move the puck like that, plays in all situations — power play, penalty kill — it’s a huge part of this team.”
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 43
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (43)