Jun 5, 2013, 12:19 PM EST
Tomas Vokoun will start in goal for the Pittsburgh Penguins tonight in Boston, even after he was pulled from Game 2 of the Eastern Conference finals after allowing three goals on 12 Bruins shots.
Vokoun will get the nod over Marc-Andre Fleury, who also allowed three goals in Monday’s 6-1 Bruins victory and hasn’t started since Game 4 of the first round versus the Islanders.
Vokoun is 6-3 with a .929 save percentage in the playoffs. Fleury is 2-2 with a .883 save percentage.
Yesterday, Penguins coach Dan Bylsma hinted that Vokoun would be the man for Game 3.
“We look at his entire body of work, not one instance or one shot last night that would sway what goes into how he performed or how he’s going to perform in his next game,” said Bylsma.
“He’s certainly won a lot of hockey games, had a lot of success in that net for us, and he didn’t have that last night, but that’s not going to play into the decision.”
The Bruins lead the series, 2-0.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 21
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)