Jun 5, 2013, 12:19 PM EDT
Tomas Vokoun will start in goal for the Pittsburgh Penguins tonight in Boston, even after he was pulled from Game 2 of the Eastern Conference finals after allowing three goals on 12 Bruins shots.
Vokoun will get the nod over Marc-Andre Fleury, who also allowed three goals in Monday’s 6-1 Bruins victory and hasn’t started since Game 4 of the first round versus the Islanders.
Vokoun is 6-3 with a .929 save percentage in the playoffs. Fleury is 2-2 with a .883 save percentage.
Yesterday, Penguins coach Dan Bylsma hinted that Vokoun would be the man for Game 3.
“We look at his entire body of work, not one instance or one shot last night that would sway what goes into how he performed or how he’s going to perform in his next game,” said Bylsma.
“He’s certainly won a lot of hockey games, had a lot of success in that net for us, and he didn’t have that last night, but that’s not going to play into the decision.”
The Bruins lead the series, 2-0.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 7
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)