Jun 5, 2013, 11:26 PM EDT
Fair or not, both Tomas Vokoun and Kris Letang have been scapegoats as the Pittsburgh Penguins have gone down 2-0 in their third-round series against the Boston Bruins. Win or lose, they’ve played much better in Game 3 on Wednesday.
That moment really was crystallized early in overtime as Letang took away much of Nathan Horton‘s time and space while Vokoun stopped the shot on this dangerous semi-breakaway opportunity:
The rest of OT will determine if this was just a nice moment or a possible turning point in the 2013 Eastern Conference finals.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 4
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 22
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5