Jun 5, 2013, 11:26 PM EDT
Fair or not, both Tomas Vokoun and Kris Letang have been scapegoats as the Pittsburgh Penguins have gone down 2-0 in their third-round series against the Boston Bruins. Win or lose, they’ve played much better in Game 3 on Wednesday.
That moment really was crystallized early in overtime as Letang took away much of Nathan Horton‘s time and space while Vokoun stopped the shot on this dangerous semi-breakaway opportunity:
The rest of OT will determine if this was just a nice moment or a possible turning point in the 2013 Eastern Conference finals.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 44
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 121
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7