Jun 5, 2013, 11:26 PM EDT
Fair or not, both Tomas Vokoun and Kris Letang have been scapegoats as the Pittsburgh Penguins have gone down 2-0 in their third-round series against the Boston Bruins. Win or lose, they’ve played much better in Game 3 on Wednesday.
That moment really was crystallized early in overtime as Letang took away much of Nathan Horton‘s time and space while Vokoun stopped the shot on this dangerous semi-breakaway opportunity:
The rest of OT will determine if this was just a nice moment or a possible turning point in the 2013 Eastern Conference finals.
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 4
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 5
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18