Jun 5, 2013, 10:18 PM EST
Considering the pain Boston Bruins winger Gregory Campbell was in during a second period Pittsburgh Penguins power play, it almost seemed like the B’s were killing off 5-on-3.
Campbell gutted out the pain and did the best he could to help his team survive that special teams situation, which the Bruins did. While he hasn’t been seen on the ice since he finally got out of that situation, it was still a testament to the 29-year-old’s toughness.
He wasn’t the only notable player to give it all in a penalty kill situation, as this clip also spotlights Niklas Hjalmarsson‘s courage:
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 18
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5