Jun 5, 2013, 10:18 PM EDT
Considering the pain Boston Bruins winger Gregory Campbell was in during a second period Pittsburgh Penguins power play, it almost seemed like the B’s were killing off 5-on-3.
Campbell gutted out the pain and did the best he could to help his team survive that special teams situation, which the Bruins did. While he hasn’t been seen on the ice since he finally got out of that situation, it was still a testament to the 29-year-old’s toughness.
He wasn’t the only notable player to give it all in a penalty kill situation, as this clip also spotlights Niklas Hjalmarsson‘s courage:
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 3
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 34
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54