Jun 5, 2013, 10:18 PM EST
Considering the pain Boston Bruins winger Gregory Campbell was in during a second period Pittsburgh Penguins power play, it almost seemed like the B’s were killing off 5-on-3.
Campbell gutted out the pain and did the best he could to help his team survive that special teams situation, which the Bruins did. While he hasn’t been seen on the ice since he finally got out of that situation, it was still a testament to the 29-year-old’s toughness.
He wasn’t the only notable player to give it all in a penalty kill situation, as this clip also spotlights Niklas Hjalmarsson‘s courage:
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 7
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 30
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 16
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32