Jun 5, 2013, 10:18 PM EST
Considering the pain Boston Bruins winger Gregory Campbell was in during a second period Pittsburgh Penguins power play, it almost seemed like the B’s were killing off 5-on-3.
Campbell gutted out the pain and did the best he could to help his team survive that special teams situation, which the Bruins did. While he hasn’t been seen on the ice since he finally got out of that situation, it was still a testament to the 29-year-old’s toughness.
He wasn’t the only notable player to give it all in a penalty kill situation, as this clip also spotlights Niklas Hjalmarsson‘s courage:
- Stomach flu makes Lightning’s Johnson a surprise scratch 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 8
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 9
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 13
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 33
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2